Bergstrand mixing new Meshuggah

I look forward to it. They did good stuff together in the late 90s.

More than anything I hope Bergstrand gives us a reference that blows STD away.

+666 the ingredients are definitely there. This should come out pretty fucking awesome, provided some REAL producing goes into it too! Obzen could have been better for sure

Obzen was the first Meshuggah record that sounded uninspired, noncohesive and rehashed to me in parts (I do love some songs on it though). Everything prior to that seemed to be the next logical step in their evolution, refining their sound and peaking in Catch Thirtythree.

Agreed +However many it's been now.

Catch Thirthy-Three remains my favourite of theirs and my to-go example of "robot suicide music." :lol:

Haha, his wording about letting things be a little more natural this time has me a touch worried about Bergstrand's more 'au naturale' efforts. 'The Apostasy' comes to mind... and the barf follows not long after.

Still, these guys know what they're doing. Really excited to hear if it will be the first Meshuggah album in a decade to actually feature real amps again due to the whole DAR thing.

No, I'm referencing Obzen/Catch33/Nothing as being boring; DEI and Chaosphere are genius but I can't stand the rest.

What I like about Meshuggah is that they woulden't give a shit if Jeff thinks their 8-string albums are boring.