Besides Enchant, what are some of your favorite bands/artists?

mgirishfan said:
Hey Jim!!!

Tell ya one thing - if Enchant ever gets to the east coast, boy do we have the ultimate opening act right here in town ---- don't we?

GOD I LOVE MUSIC! :)

PS - You going to DT/QR/FW in two weeks?

Hey Mare,
I am fortunate to have seen Enchant twice. They were awesome live and even better, the COOLEST guys in the world. :Spin:

Probably not going to see DT/QR/FW. Not a huge fan of any of those bands, but DT close. Didnt like Six Degrees, except for the title song. The biggest problem is its my sis' bday, so it would be tough to weasel my way out of that one.

Just saw Camel at the Birchmere and they were awesome. Andy Latimer is a great emotional guitarist.

I am going to see Journey/REO/Styx at MCI on 23rd. These are probably the only bands me and all my college buddies would go see.

See ya,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Wow, I am sooooo jealous...TWICE! I'm green with envy! (No actually it is just because I'm Irish, LOL!) Well hopefully I will be taking care of my "I want my Enchant!" fix this fall - somewhere, somehow, I'll see them! In the meantime I'll have to make do with a busy July...Alex Skolnick Trio (highly recommended - they kick ass!!!) on the 12th, DT/QR/FW on the 15th (I'm a huge fan of DT, fan but less os of QR, and FW is OK, but no big deal for me), Live on the 19th, Opeth and Porc. Tree on the 21st (my first trip to see either of them - I love Damnation!!), Iron Maiden on the 23rd (they STILL have it!), and the 'grand gala all star TSO alumni gig' on the 29th! I think I might top it off with a Broadway show while I'm up there In NYC!

All of that is not to say I wouldn't love Journey/REO/Styx...I surely would...that is an awesome lineup - you'll have a great time I'm sure! I saw REO last summer up at Aberdeen Proving Ground (with Night Ranger and Eddie Money) and they sounded great...beware, though, toward the end of the set Kevin Cronin (I did like him better with all his curly locks back in the day, hehehe) might go into a 'sermonesque' monologue....if so - it's time to go get another beer, LOL, and 'settle in' for Journey!

Too bad ya didn't make it to Iluvatar on Saturday - I was blown away!

See ya!

mgirishfan said:
Too bad ya didn't make it to Iluvatar on Saturday - I was blown away!

See ya!

Yea I was disappointed I didnt get a chance to see them. I have seen them about 5-6 times, and they are excellent every time. Did they play any new tunes?? Did they mention anything about a new CD? Boy its long overdue. Seeing an Iluvatar set in Chris Lamka's Of Sound Mind Store was place I discovered Enchant. Momentous Day for me for sure:)

jjmannford said:
Did they play any new tunes?? Did they mention anything about a new CD? Boy its long overdue. Seeing an Iluvatar set in Chris Lamka's Of Sound Mind Store was place I discovered Enchant. Momentous Day for me for sure:)

Hi Jim,

Yep they sure did - two of them actually - they had a three song demo CD available there but I ran out of cash!!!!! :(!!! I got their newest CD (A Story Two Days Wide) and an official bootleg from '96 because it they did 'Eagle' in that set too....and I can't tell ya how much I love that tune! And I was out of cash!!!! I took some pics though, and I will email Dennis and see if I can get one when I send the pics to him! They were awesome!!!

Hey check your email in a minute or two --- I've got a question for you!

See ya!

Speaking of other bands, and while we await Enchant's arrival in our neighborhoods :) is anyone going to see Porcupine Tree/Opeth and/or Dream Theater/Queensryche/Fates Warning? Or have you already and what didya think?

mgirishfan said:
Spocks Beard
Vanden Plas
Shadow Gallery (just wish they'd play out!!!!)
Symphony X

And which person with obviously amazing musical tastes introduced you to these and many other fine bands (Opeth, Devin Townsend, Pain Of Salvation, Ayreon, California Guitar Trio...I could go on and on...)?:wave:

I listen to far too much music to even begin to list all the stuff I'm into. But aside from the stuff mentioned above, I find myself listening to lately:

Fates Warning
Evergrey
Enigma
The Gathering
Fish
Crystal Method
Anthrax
Iron Maiden
Exodus
Tears For Fears
Discipline
TSO
Conception
Nine Inch Nails

I could go on and on...but i won't!

dt

Meteornotes said:
And which person with obviously amazing musical tastes introduced you to these and many other fine bands (Opeth, Devin Townsend, Pain Of Salvation, Ayreon, California Guitar Trio...I could go on and on...)?:wave:

Hey Dave! See ya in a few! Hey I gave you credit for the intro to Enchant and so I shall to the rest, save Opeth, although you did introduce me to the non-cookie-monster vox stuff :)

So, to turn about, who intro'd YOU to Beethoven's Last Night and Hectic Red?? Not exactly the sme caliber as those above...but important nonetheless! LOL!!! :)

See ya!