Best Beginner Drum Kit?

Niklas

Dead By Xmas
Feb 5, 2003
Dorset,UK
my friend wants to take up playing drums, but will need to buy a new kit, what kit would you recogmend for a beginner, (main uses will proberbly be heavy/black/thrash metal etc)?

A 5-piece Something in the $400 - $600 range that includes a hi-hat and crash cymbal. More pieces can always be added later. Do research online and at local music stores. Don't settle and don't get talked into anything. JMO.

I'd say a Pearl Export or Tama Rockstar. Something that you'll be able to easily get extra pieces when you feel the need, yet is good enough even when you grow to decently experienced player.

I think the Yamaha Stage Customs are excellent. The natural finish is a bit love it or hate it but I love it!

I also would highly reccomend the Yamaha stage custom. You'll pay roughly 200 more than you would for a pearl export, but the drums themselves are of a higher quality, and more importantly for a begginer set, the hardware is of a much higher quality (Yamaha uses the same hardware for both bottom of the line and top)