double bass kit

trumma

New Metal Member
Feb 23, 2007
im looking for a new kit to buy. i definatly want to buy double bass no question about that. i would love to have the pearl export 8 piece but unless i get rich quick or save up for the rest of my youth i dont think im gonna get it. i found several pulse double bass kits on musicians friend and i was wondering if anyone knows anything about pulse and knows if it completly sucks ass or if its worth the buy. my current kit is a 5 piece pdp that cost me 300 bucks so i think almost anything is an upgrade for me. lookin for a kit thats affordable but of semi good quality. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

unless you enjoy lugging two bass drums around, save your money and buy a good double pedal. find a used axis if you want no lag between slave and master sides.

i am selling a yamaha maple 7 piece maple set for very reasonable. message me if you want to know more about it.

I'm sure others will tell you this also; forget about 2 bass drums.

Cons:

-Have to buy two mics
-You'll have difficulty getting them to sound the same
-Triggering 2 drums will cost ya
-It will cost slightly to get 2 single pedals than to get a double pedal
-Carrying them around

And all that for no extra sound, it ain't going to be louder or anything.

Pros:
-Two single pedals is better than one single pedal because it will feel the same on both feet.

seriously, my axis feel better on one kick drum than when i split it up into two singles.

well i want to buy an iron cobra. the powerglide single is only 149.99 on musiciansfriendDOTcom so thats only 300 bucks for 2 singles. the double pedal is 339.99. not a big jump in price but i still need a new kit to go with the pedals. i love the look of a double bass setup. the ergonomics of it are what i love the most. as of right now im not in a band so i dont plan on lugging my kit anywhere(yet). as for getting them to sound the same, im getting a tension watch so tuning isnt gonna be a problem for me. i dont really want to trigger my drums cuz to me that just seems like cheating to me. what i really wanted to know is if anyone knew about pulse drum kits. ive used there hardware and they seemed to be top notch quality i just wanted to know if there kits are of the same quality as there hardware. the kit i want is made out of mahogany wood.

the shells themselves arent really great... actually nothing about pulse is really that great... its a budget buy and a set none the less.. i mean it can get you where you need for the time being... but i wouldnt suggest it... just get lik eaxis a longboards double peddal for you pdp set... or dw 7000, or even pearl eliminators... i like axis the best though... but i wouldnt suggest 2 bass drums... its just for show... and its not that cool.

you will get sick of how mahogany shells tune, or don't tune for that matter. they are a less dense wood, so they are not going to have a good range of tuning.

ok what woods are good for drumming. im looking at some alternative drum sets according to the mass response of "fuck double bass kits". the other kits ive seen so far have birch, basswood and poplar