Best cd of 2006 set in stone

BenMech

student of the d'eh
yeah, it's Synchestra.

Hot fucking damn. Devin's back the way he should be.

This is not the disappointment that Accelerated Evolution was.

THE DTB band behind him rules too. Love the use of Hammond organ and sound effects and banjo?!? and other things here.

And oh yeahm, Steve Vai's guitar solo on Triumph is unmistakable

dargormudshark said:
I hate you people who get promo copies!!!

I hear ya man! I'm sitting here reading the first post in this thread having a fit thinking "Damn, when did this come out? How could this have flown under my radar?"

I am excited to see a new DTB release, I agree that he has a great working band behind him. I'm a sucker for Hammond organs, there was a band a few years back called Soul Live and they did a show where I live and I was in heaven because they rolled one of those out on stage and tore it up playing it.

Now I can't wait to hear the new DTB!

PS Accelerated Evolution wasn't that bad!!!!! I loved the bonus disc that came with it.

BenMech said:
yeah, it's Synchestra.

Hot fucking damn. Devin's back the way he should be.

This is not the disappointment that Accelerated Evolution was.

THE DTB band behind him rules too. Love the use of Hammond organ and sound effects and banjo?!? and other things here.

And oh yeahm, Steve Vai's guitar solo on Triumph is unmistakable

I haven't heard the new album yet soo before I make a comment i need to listen to it.

Accelerated Evolution is probably Devin's best album !!! that album was sooo amazing in soo many ways it's not even a joke. The only thing i was disaspointed in from Devin lately was the latest SYL album "Alien" . "SYL" album was fucking amazing and was great from start to finish but to follow it up with "Alien" was fucking sad and a big dissapointment to me. i hope the new DTB album satisfies me just as much as "Accelerated Evolution" did. Devin proves he can put out great music without using guitar masterbation (meaning using wanking solo's) !

I think the new PYRAMAZE "Legend of the Bone Carver" will be up there also, and maybe the best of 2006, once released.

The_Kinslayer said:
I'm counting on the new Blind Guardian, Symphony X or Elvenking to be the best of next year. Then again, I'm not at all a Devin Townsend fan.

I'm with you. With a new SX album due out in 2006, I think this thread has gotten a little ahead of itself...

JosephAcevedo said:
I haven't heard the new album yet soo before I make a comment i need to listen to it.

Accelerated Evolution is probably Devin's best album !!! that album was sooo amazing in soo many ways it's not even a joke. The only thing i was disaspointed in from Devin lately was the latest SYL album "Alien". "SYL" album was fucking amazing and was great from start to finish but to follow it up with "Alien" was fucking sad and a big dissapointment to me. i hope the new DTB album satisfies me just as much as "Accelerated Evolution" did. Devin proves he can put out great music without using guitar masturbation (meaning using wanking solo's)!

You're quite obviously a newbie. the chicken feather album was the weak SYL, not Alien. and Acc Evo was a let down to a great deal of longterm HevyDevy fans.

With that said, I can compare this new album to Terria, but in a rainforest, not the desert.

BABS said:
I hear ya man! I'm sitting here reading the first post in this thread having a fit thinking "Damn, when did this come out? How could this have flown under my radar?"

I am excited to see a new DTB release, I agree that he has a great working band behind him. I'm a sucker for Hammond organs, there was a band a few years back called Soul Live and they did a show where I live and I was in heaven because they rolled one of those out on stage and tore it up playing it.

Now I can't wait to hear the new DTB!

PS Accelerated Evolution wasn't that bad!!!!! I loved the bonus disc that came with it.

SOULIVE! YEA. They just put out a new album, within the past 6 months called "Break Out" AWESOME instrumental cover of Crosstown Traffic w/ Rob Randolph doing a guest spot on it. Absolutely amazing.

Soulives taking 70's funk, and adding a little modern flare, and better production, I love it!

I think that everything in 2006 will have to take a back seat to Edguy's Rocket Ride which is just killing me right now. It may be my favorite release ever from them.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Just for that, only a snake's belly could get under your radar! :Spin:
Can you get much clsoer to the ground?????? ;)

[Babs checks underneath her shoes and says "Hey there Dub, how you been?]

Nothing is as low as you John...

urinalcakemix said:
SOULIVE! YEA. They just put out a new album, within the past 6 months called "Break Out" AWESOME instrumental cover of Crosstown Traffic w/ Rob Randolph doing a guest spot on it. Absolutely amazing.

Oooooh, I should look into getting that.