Best cd of 2006 set in stone

I threw this disc on before. Got to about track three and turned it off. In and of itself, that doesn't mean a whole lot. I have a short attention span and my mood for what I want to be listening to changes every five minutes. Additionally, this disc sounds like the type of disc that will require multiple listens to appreciate.

Zod

BABS said:
[Babs checks underneath her shoes and says "Hey there Dub, how you been?]

Nothing is as low as you John...

After all this time, you CAN'T do better than THAT??!!:Smug:

Hobbit auditions right this way......:D

J-Dubya

TheGraveDigger said:
I think that everything in 2006 will have to take a back seat to Edguy's Rocket Ride which is just killing me right now. It may be my favorite release ever from them.

Opinions aside, I don't think Rocket Ride should even be compared to anything Devin Townsend even remotely craps out.

BenMech said:
yeah, it's Synchestra.

Hot fucking damn. Devin's back the way he should be.

Concur.

(Now that I've finally heard it.....)

It's bloody brilliant.

BTW, it sounds like Devy paid a bit of a tribute to a traditional song, "Wild Mountain Thyme," during "Let It Roll." I'll play a cover of that song (by Glenn Frey :Spin: ) this weekend on Seismic and you can judge for yourself. :D

dargormudshark said:
Opinions aside, I don't think Rocket Ride should even be compared to anything Devin Townsend even remotely craps out.

yeah, it would be a HUGE insult to Edguy!
I've heard the new Devin disc, and it's doing NOTHING for me.....

J-Dubya

BEST ALBUM OF 2006

LUCA TURILLI AND OF COURSE

RHAPSODY - LIVE IN CANADA - THE DARK SECRET

RELEASED JANUARY 23, 2006. :headbang:

BenMech said:
Your reply makes me ill in the most violent way

Really? What a pity, you become sick because a band you don't like is voted (by opinion) best album of '06. Odd someone would be so stupid to write such a thing, especially on this forum.

You're quite the mature one! :tickled:

Best album of 2006: Rhapsody - Live in Canada & Luca Turilli's third. :headbang:

Ruthven said:
I heard the new Devin Townsend album at Paul's house and thought that it was excellent.

Dang. BUST-ED! :tickled:

On the other hand, does the new Rhapsody album have Christopher Lee singing on it? Lee needs to start his own heavy metal project. He's one of the few 80+ year old guys who could pull it off.

"MUST. SING.
GORMENGHAST. IN. DANGER.
STEERPIKE. EVIL. KITCHEN BOYYYYYYYYY!"

(Sorry, all, you'd have had to see the Gormenghast miniseries DVDs, co-starring Christopher Lee as the conversationally-challenged Mr. Flay, to fully appreciate that. :D )

hmm..I like Devin..but there are so many others that I am looking fwd to..like .000000000000000000000000000000000001% I would even consider it.

Ours
Muse
Pure Reeason Revolution
PoS
OSI

just to name a few, lol

Enchant has a new one..possibly Marillion

Kyle