Best clean-tone amp sim?

Are you guys rocking IR's with the Lextac cleans? or just using the preamp? :)

Thought I would ask, might have a crack at it when I get home from work.

Are you guys rocking IR's with the Lextac cleans? or just using the preamp? :)

Thought I would ask, might have a crack at it when I get home from work.

+1
I love the Xtac, but I have a hard time finding the the right IRs for it!

I think Yannick used the logic 9 amp designer for the clean tones in "Sleepless" on the last Despised Icon record.

I find Logics Amp Designer to be more or less useless, but the Mini Tweed Amp sounds much more alive than the rest.

Skrmavbild2012-03-08kl074815.png

I usually go with the LeXtac for cleans though.

Aside from the other mentions, Waves GTR has a pretty nice clean sounds. I bought it mostly for bass, but I find myself using it quite often for clean parts.

Cool, so LeXTAC for free cleans, and Amplitube 3 for paid. Totally forgot about PODFarm - I gotta check out some of their models too.

Thanks!

Well, the Fender set specifically, which you can get separately for $100 less than the full Amplitube 3.

Nobody here even mentioned Overloud TH2 ? OMG... It is really great for clean and dist sounds.

Well I have nothing to compare it to except for the Axe-FX (and real fenders), but Lextac is actually very good! I just set up Lextac (inspired by this thread), into a cab IR from redwirez, into a compressor plugin, into a convolution reverb, and damn.. Thats quite the sound.

Another vote for LeXtac, with Kalthallen cabs MD421 or AT4050 it sounds pretty awesome !

Aside from the other mentions, Waves GTR has a pretty nice clean sounds. I bought it mostly for bass, but I find myself using it quite often for clean parts.
I own Waves GTR3, and I always have a hard time to make it sound good, even for bass. For cleans and bass, wich amps do you use and how do you set them up ? (internal cab/mic or external IR, internal FX or not...etc).

Amplitube Fender has just about any clean tone you can imagine. But Lextac is very simple and easy to use. I don't even have Amplitube installed anymore, but the cleans do sound amazing. I use Lextac when I need cleans atm though, it's so easy and I don't have to "install" it. Both sound great though.