• Pan-Thy-Monium

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Unicorn

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters

Ormir

Oct 11, 2001
Espoo, Finland
So, what do you think is the best band Dan has been a part of?
Personally, I believe Moontower is the best thing he's done to date, and I await anxiously for his second solo release.
Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to give Unicorn a listen, so I reserve judgement on that one.

Nightingale by far. With it's 3 excellent albums the project is just too prolific to be overlooked for single-album deals like Moontower or Odyssey.

Unicorn was great for what it was and I do enjoy it (although it's quite soft... it would seem very "wussy" to EoS fans...) but I can only listen to it in certain moods. Nightingale is just my favourite.

I went for Pan~Thy~Monium. The first track on Dawn of Dreams pretty much seals it for me- 20 minutes of progressive death metal heaven:) - and the doom sections just crush me.

Bloody hard choice though. Noone will do another album like Crimson, Infestdead is great to bang your head to, and Nightingale is cool (I love Diabolical Masquerade, but that's more Anders than Dan).

Oh,this is tough.... and actually I haven't heard Odyssey,Unicorn and Nightingale (shame on me! :D )
I'll vote for "Dan Swanö",though i also think Pan-Thy-Monium is very original music somehow....
EoS,DM,Bloodbath we all know they rule!!!!
Godsend and Infestdead are cool,but hmm not really my cup of tea

I think it's Edge of Sanity, although Moontower and Diabolical Masquerade get close. Maybe there should be something like "The best of Dan Swanö" compilation album... Or maybe I'll make one myself, just for me :p

Originally posted by goashem
Maybe there should be something like "The best of Dan Swanö" compilation album... Or maybe I'll make one myself, just for me :p
I've already done it. Cross-faded the tracks, and did up reasonably fancy artwork n' stuff just for the fun of it... I think I may mail it to Dan just for kicks.

I am still plunging through the Dan Swano catalogue so my vote is purely due to EOS Purgatory Afterglow being my first Dan Swano listen! Bloodbath is definately a fav ;)

I went for EoS, I own almost everything by Dan, from nightingale to Pan Thy Monium, I haven't got the chance to listen to Unicorn but I found a CD of an auction homepage and I'll get it in a few days so maybe I'll chance my desition but now it's without a doubt EoS, Moontower is like Eos only better but it's only one Albuem and one single (without non-album tracks), Nightingale is very good but still doesn't make it 100% for me, Pan Thy Monium is a bit to complex for my ears so I can only listen to it when I'm on a good mood, Godsend was a dissapointment the vocals are not as good and the songs just don't say nothing to me, Diabolical M. is good but... I don't know, it's just that I love EoS, everything, well except Infernal and Cryptic, my fav is Spectral, well that's all, I can't wait to listen to unicorn!!! See ya

The first album I heard must have been "Unorthodox" from Edge of Sanity. A cool album, but that was not the reason to love his music. Since then I tried out to sing myself. I recorded this Cleanvocal part in Enigma on a cassette recorder and it was so awful that I never tried it again for 2 years!! (Now it woks better :) Yeah, but some years later I got the first Nightingale, and since then I began to love his work. And then I got the Unicorn CD "Emotional Wasteland". From that point on, I knew this is the best music I'll ever listen to in my life! It's not a joke. Unicorn is so much better than everything else I heard. Over the years I bought pretty much stuff he did, because since Unicorn I'm a fan of Dan. True love, musically.