Best Dark Tranquility album ?

Blue Moon

Staring at the Sun
Nov 14, 2001
Down the Hallway of Always
Greetings.

Well, I only own Haven and thinks it's an excellent album. I want some more... I heard about The Gallery as the ultimate DT album, but I'd like to know what you freaks think. Thanks.

hmm you should maybe ask in the Dark Tranquillity message board :loco:

my preference goes for Projector, which is the only album with clean vocals in there

The Gallery and The Minds I have no keyboard or clean vocals ...
Stanne is really impressive ...

the lyrics (at least the one from Niklas) are really great

in fact, you can not go wrong with Dark Tranquillity, i could continue to write a long time before to find something bad about them ... all albums are great (altough Skydancer is not as great as the others, due to the bad vocals of Anders Friden)

but keep in mind that Haven is different as the others, especially from the ones before Projector

Greetings.

I didn't want to ask the DT forum because they'd say that all their albums are the bet in the world... :)

Seriously, I wanted to have the advice from everybody that have one/some/all DT albums, even if they are not hardcore fans..

Depends on your tastes naturally, but most people seem to prefer either The Gallery or Projector. Projector is quite different from the others and if you loved Haven you should also like The Gallery, which is my personal favourite alongside Haven. You can download mp3's from all of their albums from DT's MP3.com homepage. I suggest getting Freecard and Punish my Heaven (not the demo version!) from Projector and The Gallery for a good feel on the sound.

I think THE GALLERY is not only the best Dark Tranquillity album but also is the best album of the so called New Wave of Swedish Death Metal (NWOSDM).

My favorites songs are :
1. Silence and the Firmament Withdrew
2. The Dividing Line
3. Lethe
and of course
4. Mine is the Grandeur.....Of Melancholy Burning

Amazing recordings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heh:

I have to agree with samoniac. Mind's I simply rocks, but so does Skydancer (and Of Chaos..). I like all DT's records (except Gallery, which I haven't heard), although it took a long time for me to learn to like the clean vocals on Projector.
But as I propably should choose one, I think I'll say Skydancer (with Of Chaos...). When I first heard it, I thought it sounded kinda strange, but after a while its brilliance just hit me.

Greetings.

Nepenthe : Can you extend your thoughts on Skydancer ? What was that strangeness you talked about ?

I loved Haven for the majesty of the whole record... The keyboard particularly amazes me, but everything is finally magic. Would Skydancer be on that level ? When I say majesty, I mean, for example, the whole of the song Haven, or the keyboard of Indifferent Sun (is that the title ? I don't have the album with me right now)...

So in that vein, would the Gallery be the good one to buy, or Skydancer, or The Mind's I, or...?

I really want to get more into that band, so pardon the abusive curiosity ;)

Blue Moon: Well, I think strange was the wrong word to use, different would be better. The record just doesn't sound like anything other I've heard. It's a completely different world compared to Haven. It has a lot of tempo changes and the drums, I think, are a big part of the songs. The melodies are fabulous and have a very original mood. Skydancer just was one of those records I had to learn to listen (they have often been the best).

Though I said that Skydancer was a different world compared to Haven, don't condemn it. It's a great record, and I think you should buy it, if not now, then later. I think you'll like it.

skydancer is my fav but is very hard to like and get into. i recommend getting projector next and keep going backward.

My vote goes to HAVEN. Some songs are simply splendid.
I think that Projector is the less beautiful one, because of the clean voice and the overall too slow rhythm. Also, there are few songs that really catch me.
Stanne is a great singer and a great poet.

But if I had to point my favorite DT songs: Edenspring and Hedon.