Best debut album by a band ever?

STFU-Bucket.jpg

You're not any cooler for mentioning an older band and because no one else did doesn't mean you have to keep going on about it. You're like 15-16? Most of us have already been through our hardcore Sabbath stage years ago, and while they are good we've moved on. You will too someday.

Uhh... add a couple years to that, bud. Also, as I mentioned in another thread, age =/= maturity. So that point is completely fucking moot.

Also, I don't think I'm "any cooler for mentioning an older band". :)rolleyes:) But without Sabbath, any of the metal bands named would not exist (at least not in their current form). I feel respect must be shown at some point.

On a side note: I've mentioned it, what... twice?

Uhh... add a couple years to that, bud. Also, as I mentioned in another thread, age =/= maturity. So that point is completely fucking moot.

Also, I don't think I'm "any cooler for mentioning an older band". :)rolleyes:) But without Sabbath, any of the metal bands named would not exist (at least not in their current form). I feel respect must be shown at some point.

On a side note: I've mentioned it, what... twice?

My point of age wasn't that you were immature, it's jsut that younger people usually get into the older bands first (Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Sabbath, Zepplin, etc..). It wasn't an attack on your maturity. You just have this arrogant 'tone' to your posts "OH MAN EVERYONE HERE IS FAIL AND AIDS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T MENTION SABBATH, I AM SO TRUE I HAVE TO ANNOUNCE THIS!"... I mean fuck sakes man, it's an OPINION thread, the OP asked what do people THINK is the best first album, you thought Sabbath that was cool no one debated you, but because other people said things that weren't the same as yours, what the fuck does that have to do with anything, honestly. I'm not trying to argue but it's attitudes like this that lead to the huge flamewars, trust me I've been around I have seen it.

And who gives a fuck if they did invent metal, WHICH BTW IS FUCKING DEBATABLE it's been done to death in many conversations... What does it matter, do I have to list EVERY band that progressed metal out of respect before I can mention my opinion? No. So just stop.

My point of age wasn't that you were immature, it's jsut that younger people usually get into the older bands first (Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Sabbath, Zepplin, etc..). It wasn't an attack on your maturity.
Most of us have already been through our hardcore Sabbath stage years ago, and while they are good we've moved on. You will too someday.
Implies that I only like Sabbath because I'm young, and that it's a phase I'll "grow out of". That may not have been what you meant, but that's how it comes off.

You just have this arrogant 'tone' to your posts "OH MAN EVERYONE HERE IS FAIL AND AIDS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T MENTION SABBATH, I AM SO TRUE I HAVE TO ANNOUNCE THIS!"...

To be honest, I was half-joking in my second post. Hence the :lol:. But when someone comes along with a failtastic "STFU n00b" macro like that, it honestly just pisses me off.

I mean fuck sakes man, it's an OPINION thread, the OP asked what do people THINK is the best first album, you thought Sabbath that was cool no one debated you, but because other people said things that weren't the same as yours, what the fuck does that have to do with anything, honestly. I'm not trying to argue but it's attitudes like this that lead to the huge flamewars, trust me I've been around I have seen it.

See above. I was for the most part, joking. I just found it a bit odd, considering every other forum I've been to at least acknowledges the band's importance to the genre.

Also, to be honest, I can't really take you seriously at all right now (especially that last part), considering you've called me fail in the past for not liking Maiden. :lol:

Implies that I only like Sabbath because I'm young, and that it's a phase I'll "grow out of". That may not have been what you meant, but that's how it comes off.

Take it the way you choose, I explained to you how it was meant. There is a lot of music and bands I love that I simply do not listen to anymore because I was really into them in the past but I've moved on and found new things to expand, that is human nature. SYL, Sabbath, Zeppelin, all those bands I like them a lot and I'll listen occasionally but it's in the back of my mind. If I don't sing their praises I honestly don't lose any thought of it.

To be honest, I was half-joking in my second post. Hence the :lol:. But when someone comes along with a failtastic "STFU n00b" macro like that, it honestly just pisses me off.

Half joking, hat kind of nonsense term is that? :lol: A HALF JOKE? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Come on now. Also, it's not like I was ignorant after I used the image, just did it for the lulz. I wasn't rude to you just made a valid point so no reason to get made.

See above. I was for the most part, joking. I just found it a bit odd, considering every other forum I've been to at least acknowledges the band's importance to the genre.

I didn't say they weren't important and I fail to see how that has anything to do with the thread topic or well, anything at all! Honestly.... you people :lol:

Also, to be honest, I can't really take you seriously at all right now (especially that last part), considering you've called me fail in the past for not liking Maiden. :lol:

Yeah, read this:

Slipknot is a good band, and their are good 'core' bands... but that is just ME sayign that. GUESS WHAT BOYS!!! There's no such thing as a bad band, I mean it's a fucking matter of opinion and you people always make me laugh when you take it serious. It's one thing to trade opinions, talk about what bands you like and why you like them, and to talk about the same things regarding the bands you don't, that is enjoyable to me, when there's respect, but when you go as far as to actually argue and say 'OMG THAT BANDS SUCKS YOU'RE A FAG' (unless it's a joke), then :lol: You just lost my respect and attention.

So, that sums that up.

I know 50 year olds who love Sabbath for christ sake :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: To you too, I didn't say older people don't like them (or any of those bands I mentioned) ffs... I was just saying a lot of people get into those bands earlier on then move on to new things. But dude, am I getting trolled by you or are you just daft/want to get in on this? I don't know at all to be honest :lol:

Nah, its a stupid argument. I know how much you like to argue :lol:

Actually I'm not arguing, I'm being pretty civil and just trying to explain my point. I wasn't attacking, just showing him how he should maybe rephrase how he chooses to say things, but hey who gives a fuck he doesn't have to listen to me anyways IT'S THE INTERNETZ MY OPINION MATTERS!!11!1!

But without Sabbath, any of the metal bands named would not exist (at least not in their current form). I feel respect must be shown at some point.

Everything contributated to anything else in a way or in another, so that point isn't really valid you know...

EDIT: I mean, having respect for them, yeah, that makes point (but that can go with every other band, in my opinion) but the fact that they "are an older band that influenced a genre" (something that, yeah, glad or not, every band and artist did) doesn't mean they made the "best debut album"...

I can't believe I was mentioned in a discussion:) I feel so important. I am the OP!

Anyways, I've changed my thoughts since last night, but I'm still unable to name the one I think is the best debut album.

Scar The Surface - Silence Has Ended
Pantera - CFH <yeah I know it's not the first but it is for the genre
Cog - The New Normal < The "Open Up" EP is even better
Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
Fort - In A New Light
Rage Against The Machine
Dreadnaught - Dirty Music

GnR-Appetite for destruction hands down for me :kickass::kickass:

The new songs I've heard from New GnR a la the infamous Chinese democracy album sound quite good..could be an epic debut album if they'd just chuck the name and let dead dogs lie.

Half joking, hat kind of nonsense term is that? :lol: A HALF JOKE? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Come on now.
Come on, Joe, now you're just arguing semantics. :lol: It actually is a commonly used phrase here.

Also, it's not like I was ignorant after I used the image, just did it for the lulz. I wasn't rude to you just made a valid point so no reason to get made.

Wasn't calling you ignorant -- to be honest, I respect you highly here -- I'm just saying that I had made a joking observation in a thread, there was really no need for that massive "STFU", or that "opinions!!!!11!!11one!!" speech, especially of when you've been guilty of the same as I have, in the past.

I wasn't attacking, just showing him how he should maybe rephrase how he chooses to say things,

To be honest, that may be true, I'm not gonna deny that. :lol:

Anyways, debate over. Hopefully, we cool now?

In no particular order:

Children Of Bodom - Something Wild
Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica
Wintersun - Wintersun
Sinergy - Beware The Heavens
Metallica - Kill Em All (still remains nº1 in my Metallica list)

Black Sabbath; for without it, metal would not exist.

Anyone who says otherwise, is either ignorant, or a liar. :lol:

The sound the first australopithecus made when he fell on the floor with his fat ass, for without it, humanity wouldn't have discovered sound.

Black Sabath is way too overrated, so is Ozzy.