Best ear plugs

Aug 16, 2008
London, UK
fb.com
I know there was a thread around, I tried to search but couldn't find it sorry...

I'm pretty fuckin paranoid with my hearing, I really panic about this, since I go to a lot of concerts, and gig somewhat often... Once when in a gig I was standing next to my drummer, the china was right next to my left ear, GODDAMN, I heard the ringing through a WEEK! So I want the possible best ear plugs money can buy, don't care how much they cost as it wont cost as much as loosing our hearing right...

I'm thinking perhaps these ones? http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.aspx

Those are probably the best non-custom ear plugs available. I've used them for years, but I plan on getting silicone impressions for IEMs/custom ear plugs some time soon.

I prefer my non-customs over my moulded plugs, my moulded plugs dont exert pressure on my ear canal - maybe its a mental thing and I like the feeling of the plugs being jammed in my ears, I dunno.. :p

But which version, -9dB, -20dB or -25dB? I say prolly -25dB right? So I can just order them and then go to an audiologist and have them fitted?

I went with the -25 and sometimes feel that it's a bit much. I'm thinking of buying a set of 20 buttons.

When I went, they mold them and determine which buttons you want and they will arrive with the set after being molded.

-Joe