Ear Infection..

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
I have a damn ear infection, and as far as i can notice, i doesn't affect my hearing, it just hurts like hell.

But its like i said, as far as i can hear ;)

I only have a livesound gig coming up this weekend, but is it wise to not do anything that acquires my ears full atention? or is your hearing still intact with an earinfection?

JB!

If your hearing appears normal right now, you should be fine. Although you might want to avoid uber-loudness until that gig.

It could be worse man, you could have a tinnitus like myself.

:mad:

-Joe

tinnitus is a bitch!
i got mine when i was about 8 years old.
some motherfucker thought he had to fire his shotgunr ight in front of me.

be careful dude!

tinnitus is a bitch!
i got mine when i was about 8 years old.
some motherfucker thought he had to fire his shotgunr ight in front of me.

be careful dude!

You've had it since you were 8? My sympathies dude. I've had mine for getting close to a year now, and it's gotten worse over the past month. :cry:

@Seizure...take care of those ears! If you've got an infection, go to the doctor and get some antibiotics or something.

i have to leave the tv on every night i f i want to get some sleep.
the tv kinda covers that peeeeeeeeeeeeep:(

be careful guys, this can't be said often enough!

got an ear infection as a baby and it was so extreme that I needed a surgery and had a 30% hearing loss on both ears after a second ear infection with 3 years, tinnitus since I am 12.
But you can get along with it, you can train your ears and your brain will make everything sound normal in my opinion.
Especially higher frequencies "sound" way quieter to me, they're reduced about 50% from somebody without "ear damage" but my brain just adds those highs or something like that.
It's really strange but like I said, I only have like 70% hearing ability but if I listen to music (not that loud) I hear "way more" than most of the guys I know do (but most of them are no musicians or interessted in recording) like synths in the background and stuff.
Take your medicine, lay down in the bed, drink tea, that's the best you can do, trust me, I had like 15 ear infections in the last 10 years.

I know, my English sucks, sorry for that.

i have to leave the tv on every night i f i want to get some sleep.
the tv kinda covers that peeeeeeeeeeeeep:(

be careful guys, this can't be said often enough!

I always leave on a fan at night to overwrite the eery peep during complete silence.. i thought i was the only one who did weird stuff like that. :p

Threeeeeeeee!

I'm overly paranoid about my ears, but my hearing is still pretty bad, eventhough I'm one of those losers who plugs up when attending gigs (Hey, you can hear everythin better, too...) I feel sorry for you guys that suffer with the constant ringing.

tinnitus is getting louder on my left ear even if my surrounding is quiet. I really need medical attention soon!!

damn...ear infections are bitches.
I lost 2 ossicles due to 5 years of chronic ear infection in my left ear. Though I i went to doctor everytime the infection reappeared. Now i have a cartilage board behind my eardrum as a prosthesis, and hearing loss in the upper frequencies. Not to bad cause i hate these frequnecies in my guitartone, but when i lie in bed listening to music and i lie on my right ear, all cymbals disappear :cry:
so getwell soon

My left hear suffers from the same troubles, I think because I monitored too loud for a long time with headphones, and also because of drums.
Now I bought myself some Adam A7 which are SO confortable (very smooth and no ear fatigue) I'm really happy.