Best female vocalist

Originally posted by miranda B
Okay now a thread for the best female vocalist.

Sharon den Adel.
The girl from Nightwish (i dont know here name).
Skin.

Skin is great yes. she's making alternative music(and is damn good at it) while others look like her shaking their bronze asses through the camera in R&B videos :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dying_Swan
You mean Lee Douglas...
Yeah! Excellent vox... Parisienne Moonlight is like one of my favorite songs, moslty because of the vocals.... Very emotional...

Take care...

...And also Ruth from the ''crestfallen'' EP and ''serenades'' had a unique and emotional voice! Everwake for example...

ashure - christina is fantastic, indeed. i remember the first time i had heard "circle." i was blown away.
dying swan - oh yes! LEE. thanks for the correction.
elmarad - how can i forget those vox on everwake? simply hypnotizing!

Originally posted by Don Corleone
i used to like no doubt...we even play some of their songs in my band...but now...hey baby? noooo :cry:

Just a girl,don't speak and sunday morning are good songs, I can say ex-girlfriend and simple kind of life are ok too.
but like you said, their music, style and even attitudes suck now, so anymore I don't like it when people keep saying I look like Gwen :cry:

Yeah, really. The last three albums has really good, melancholic popsongs. They've been fave of mine for a year now. Not THE GROUP, but one I listen to quite often. Nice change from Meshuggah, The Haunted etc, and even from Anathema :)

plus, the main writer of songs, Ben Watt, writes good downbeat, realistic, relationship lyrics that works with the music perfectly most of the time.

interesting. i have that same passion for R.E.M. they have more of a rocky sound of course, but even the lead singer michael stipe says he is very fond of pop. i have almost all of their albums and unreleased tracks...