Best female vocalist

Originally posted by Don Corleone
yep, up is a great album. different? yeah, if you consider their older albums, yes. it was different.

I think the last two albums of R.E.M are somehow a bit different considering the older albums ( well ''reveal'' is not so much) but i like them, and although they don't have ''THE GREAT'' song that for example ''out of time'' and ''automatic...'' had, these are the only albums of R.E.M that i can hear them whole without getting bored...:D

reveal has some great songs on it. but of course, you cant find the same taste as the older songs. "country feetback", "monty got a raw deal", "low", "king of birds"....God, i miss those old days when i was young...sigh

-> The girl from the gathering (can't remember her name, it escapes me),

-> Tori Amos

->The girl from nightwish

->Diamanda Galas. Listen to it in the dark at full volume. hehehehe

->Heather Nova, her vocals on oyster have to be some of the most haunting I've heard :)

Hah! I was just going to mention Kari in my list! (serious!)

1. Floor Jansen (After Forever)
2. Anneke Van Giersbergen (The Gathering)
3. Kari (The 3rd and the Mortal)

By the way, fuck Within Temptation :mad::mad::mad::mad: They used to make VERY nice metal! (Enter, the Dance)
But with Mother Earth it was just their purpose to reach the CA$H, they left out the male grunts, heavy guitars, and doomy atmospheres, now all there's left is heavy keyboard and Sharon singin some Disney-like songs.

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
1. Floor Jansen (After Forever)
2. Anneke Van Giersbergen (The Gathering)
3. Kari (The 3rd and the Mortal)

By the way, fuck Within Temptation :mad::mad::mad::mad: They used to make VERY nice metal! (Enter, the Dance)
But with Mother Earth it was just their purpose to reach the CA$H, they left out the male grunts, heavy guitars, and doomy atmospheres, now all there's left is heavy keyboard and Floor singin some Disney-like songs.

you mean sharon?? :)
anyway, i havent heard the newest stuff from within temptation yet, but still i prefer sharon's voice to floor's, listen to the song "beyond me" (on af's first album) and..(if compared to sharon) floor is really "singin some Disney-like songs" :D (just my opinion of course)

Sorry but you're very wrong now. Download Within Temptation's "Our Farewell" or "Neverending Story" and you'll know what I mean with Disney-like songs!

hey i was just joking :) and as i said, i havent listened to the new stuff yet, but ill do soon, im curious to hear this disney-like stuff, hihi!

Originally posted by ewinter
a norwegian goddess :worship: who sang with the third and the mortal!

so true, nice to see someone like her voice, she's so great. Just listen to The 3rd and the Mortal- Tears laid in earth. Masterpiece!!!

What about Britney Spears, I think she's very skilled

o_O

Yeah, it's a shame that she has so great voice and she is so ugly...coz in whatever way you''ll see it, appearance DOES count in todays music! I mean, she build her whole career with the sweetness and beauty of her voice, and some people don't even recognise her quality just because she isn't as pretty as Anneke for example!... :( :eek: :rolleyes: :lol: