Best Gigs you have been to in 2002

Not been to too many gigs this year but by far the best have been:

Annihilator - Camden Underworld (May)
Motorhead / Anthrax - Wembly Arena (October)
Threshold - Camden Underworld (October)

Metal Truly is alive and well, even here in the UK!!

Originally posted by fifthangel
HI there Weekend Warrior!!
I can tell you that Kamelot were totally awesome live!!!!! Khan has a great voice and is a cool frontman!! These guys would be great at the Bloodstock event for sure ~ take it from me, Kamelot are a great band to see live!!!
Hope all is well with you in Norway! Do you know what is happening with The Sins Of Thy Beloved?

~ Paul

Yeah, Khan has a great voice! Without doubt one of my favorite singers! I'm hoping to see them live next year. It will be awesome! :)

Everything is great over here dude! I don't know much about "The Sins Of Thy Beloved"..sorry.. Though, I do know that "Theatre of Tragedy" is talking about releasing a live album next year..heard of them?

NP: Symphony X - Accolade

There are few very great ones... And now I talking about bigger events, than just casual "gig" almost like a concert, not exactly but anyways however.

* Blind Guardian @ Nosturi, Helsinki
* Evergrey @ Nummirock, festival in Finland
* Lordi @ Nosturi, Helsinki

But many gigs have made me very happy this year, such as with Silent Voices, Tunnelvision, Thunderstone, Kotipelto, Mika Järvinen & Pain In The Ass, Altaria / Twilight Guardiands, Dreamtale / Celesty, and few which I already forgot I spose. Some of them even more than once only! :) ...More to come.

Edit -- plus that I saw Roger Waters concert also for free, that was awesome. I have liked Pink Floyd's music... never thought I would hear live any of it.

I've seen around 30 shows this year, most of which were of a pretty good standard. The best were

Saviour Machine - Owen, Germany
Threshold, Camden Underworld, UK & Progpower, Atlanta, USA
Evergrey & Andomeda, Paris, France
Karnataka, Mean Fiddler, UK
Shadowkeep/Falconer, WOM, Balingen, Germany
Pain of Salvation Progpower, USA (saw 'em 4 times in all this year)
Dream Theater, Astoria, London (also saw 'em 4 times this year)

Most sleep-inducing performances
Blind Guardian - Atlanta (I fell asleep several times, but some bastard kept waking me up)
Iron Maiden, Brixton Academy
Slept thru some of the bands @ Bang Your Head too.

Most Disappointing perfomances:
Halford - Bang Your Head

Biggest crime against Heavy metal
Fozzy @ Bang Your Head

I have to agree with you on the last 2. But to Rob Halford's credit he did appologise for his performance and said that they were some "reasons" to his shit performance. He was also at the Graspop fest. in Belgium a week or so later and he was much better apart from the tech probs his guitarist had. Fozzy f**kin sucked big style!!!!
Worst gig this Manowar in Cologne the other week it SUCKED big style!!
Well last gig of the year tonight I'm off to see Rage in Bochum :headbang:

Originally posted by Wooks
Well last gig of the year tonight I'm off to see Rage in Bochum :headbang:
Lucky you! I'll have to wait until either Wacken or Blind Guardian next year before I get to see them again. December has been pretty barren for me, so my last gig of the year was Magnum back on Dec 6th. But reading that has made me curious... how often do people typically go to gigs? I've just counted up, and I made it to 34 in 2002, slightly up from last year. Is that typical? Higher or lower than most?

That's more than I've ever been to, mate ;) Let's see... *dredges memory* I've been to about 21 gigs in my life, I'm pretty sure. 13 of them were this year, and about 10 of those before the summer - I was doing really good for myself but now things have dried up! :(