Best Guitar Tones?

Maelstrom

Metal is the Law!
Jan 27, 2002
Adelaide
www.theharrowed.com
Well, here we are about to head back into the studio again to do some recording. The sessions are about a week and a half away and Rick and I have already started arguing about guitar sounds.

I feel that there's three main qualities to a good guitar sound: Oomph, Bark, and Sizzle. The distorted E chord should sound like someone saying the word "Fuck". This is my idea of a perfect sound.

Here's a few of my faves, everyone feel free to add their own to the list and tell me what sort of sound we should strive for.

Carcass (Heartwork and Necroticism)
Darkane (Insanity)
Death (Symbolic)

They've got all the Oomph, Bark, and Sizzle any guitarist could ever want in my opinion!

ok here , Annihilator ... now that's one of the tightest sounds there is ... Gary Moore has a really nice tone in his guitar sound , Unreal for sustains .......
Exudos .... that's full of Grunt ...
do what i did , get a bass cabnet and a guitar cabnet side by side , and hook them up ,,, with a marshall head it will throw your sound so far and clear like WOW ...
for a big chunky riffs and clear sound , use heaps of mids ... man i used like 8 mids and 6 treble lol ....worked maaaaaaad lol ......
but another thing is to play with the mics themself .... it's funny how you end up with totaly different sound using different mics lol ....
Have fun there ;) ....
by the way , won't be in adelaide any soon , can't seem to find a place yet lol ...