Best guitarplayer?

Personally, i think Matt Heafy and Corey Beaulieu are much better guitarists than Herman Li and Sam Totman.

forgive me if i disagree with you there. while they're not as good as the media makes them seem they are quite good, and just fun to listen to. however, my top three would be:

Marty friedman
jason becker
nicolo paganini

I'll have to say Ol because lets face it, that solo on All Hallows Eve is fucking immense.

Dave Mustaine, because hes probably the most important musician connected with thrash

And........ Alex Skolnick because he owns your soul with hsi god-like playing.

hmm.. is this thread referring to Thrash-metal guitar players or guitar players in every genre??
well I'd say in Thrash the best player would be Alex Scolnick or Dave Mustaine
In Power/progressive metal it's Jeff Loomis maybe but there are way too many..

1.Dave mustaine
2.Randy Rhoads
3.Jimi hendrix
4.Tony Iommi
5.Dimebag
6Kerry King and jeff Hannamen
7.Trey Azagthoth
8.Jack owens and Ralph Santello
9.The hoffmans
10.Alex Skolnick:headbang:

Oh,you're right.Revised list

1.Dave Mustaine
2.Chuck Schuldiner
3.Jimi Hendrix
4.Randy rhoads
5.Dimebag
6.Kerry king and jeff Hannamen
7.Trey Azagthoth
8.Jack Owens,Ralph santello and the hoffmans
9.Alex Skolnick
10.Tony Iommi:worship:

My 3 favourite guitar players:

Luca Turilli(Rhapsody of fire)
Alexi laiho(Children of Bodom/Sinergy)
Rusty Cooley

I think Steve Vai is the best guitar player every though in my opinion,such fluency and ability,

forgive me if i disagree with you there. while they're not as good as the media makes them seem they are quite good, and just fun to listen to. however, my top three would be:

Marty friedman
jason becker
nicolo paganini

Paganini was a VIOLINIST.

Just because Yngwie talks about him doesn't mean he was a guitar player.

Anyway, there's no way i can make a top 3, but this week i'm really into....

Lord Tim (Dungeon/LORD)
Paul Masvidal (Cynic/Death/Aeon Spoke)
Criss Oliva (Savatage)

he was actually a classical guitarist as well, and his guitar compositions could be just as brutal as his violin. he just wasn't as well known for it as he was violin. i actually think that he got some of those insane arpagio runs on violin from guitar arpagios.

he was actually a classical guitarist as well, and his guitar compositions could be just as brutal as his violin. he just wasn't as well known for it as he was violin. i actually think that he got some of those insane arpagio runs on violin from guitar arpagios.

Yeah fair enough. Most Paganini CD's feature more guitar than violin which is good. I've got one with violin and it sounds like shit, like jabbing a rusty steak knife into your ears and circling it around.