Votes: 33 70.2%
  • 80's

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • 90's

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • 00's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I gotta go with the 70s - every album of that era is a classic. Plus most of my favorite priest songs are from that era - Victim of Changes, Ripper, Delivering the Goods, etc. etc. etc.

I'd go from 76-84 + 1990.

For me the 80's since their best album ever "Defenders of The Faith" came out in 1984, but as a whole the 70's where more cohesive.

For me the 80's since their best album ever "Defenders of The Faith" came out in 1984, but as a whole the 70's where more cohesive.

I totally agree. For me, comparing between decades from best (IMO) to not so great album

SAD WINGS OF DESTINY Vs DEFENDERS: Tied or slightly up to "Defenders"

KILLING MACHINE Vs SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE: Tied

STAINED CLASS Vs BRITISH STEEL: Tied

SIN AFTER SIN Vs POINT OF ENTRY: Sin after

ROCKA ROLLA Vs RAM IT DOWN: Rocka Rolla

'70s for me too.

Because all the albums of that era are classics (even "Rocka Rolla", which is their weakest one).

At the '80s they released at least two weak albums: "Point of Entry" and "Ram It Down".

Exactly what I was thinking.. buuuut...

'70s for me too.

Because all the albums of that era are classics (even "Rocka Rolla", which is their weakest one).

At the '80s they released at least two weak albums: "Point of Entry" and "Ram It Down".

..exactly what I thought the next second-
I just keep going back to the 70's albums more often than the 80's albums.. In my book British Steel is a solid and important release.. but overrated. Screaming is good and Defenders awesome but after that there aren't really any albums I think I would have picked up if I weren't so into Priest.. I still love Point of Entry, Turbo and Ram it Down.. but they're so far behind the 70's releases..

Definantly the 70's, with Unleashed in the East getting the most plays for me. It just brings most of the best of the era and kicks it up about 5 notches, giving it that truely metallic edge.

80's is great too, with Defenders of the Faith being a masterpiece. I actually enjoy Turbo, but think the first side is much stronger. Can't say much for anything else afterwards, although Painkiller is great and hailed by many as the greatest, it is by far my favourite. Its a ripper of an album, but its just not the classic Priest sound that I am hooked on.

The 70s for me.

Especially 'Sad Wings Of Destiny', 'Stained Class' and 'Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather' are great.

It bothers me to this day that Rodger Glover botched the production of 'Sin After Sin'. With a good heavy sound that would have been a monster of an album.

Can you imagine 'Let Us Prey/Call For The Priest' with the sound from 'Sad Wings Of Destiny'? Awesome! Side two of the album is so under appreciated! Although understandably so with that thin sound.

They should have sued that idiot Glover!

Can you imagine 'Let Us Prey/Call For The Priest' with the sound from 'Sad Wings Of Destiny'? Awesome! Side two of the album is so under appreciated! Although understandably so with that thin sound.

Despite being a very weak production (I actually just finished listening to the album 20 minutes ago!) it does give Sin After Sin a lot of character. And yes, a fantastic album. :)

I'd go with Sad Wings as my favorite 70s Priest record, but all 4 are classics.

This shows how less I know about production, I always have considered SAS a very well produced and recorded album, thanks not only to Roger Glover but to Simon Phillips on drums.

My favorite 70's is "Stained Class" one of the best classic metal albums of all time, still like I said their peak is DOTF and "Painkiller" what should have been their last album, what a way to quit if they have done it!

definetly 80s because of screaming for vengance. i can't get enough of that album.
i cant wait to see them live!!!!

i hope SFV is an 80s album and i didn't make a fool of myself :)

To my ears, it’s the 70s by a long shot. And that’s with my fav Priest album – British Steel - actually being released in 1980.
Pound for pound, however, their 70s output runs circles around everything else they’ve ever released and they topped the era off by releasing one of the greatest live albums of all time! Their 80s output was also awesome, overall (although there were some hiccups in that decade), of course, but not as strong as the previous decade.