• 80's

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • 90's

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • 00's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
70s

Not a huge fan of rock a rolla and Defenders is actually my favourite Priest album at the moment but I still say 70s.

I own a couple of Gull compilations of the first two albums that my parents got me (by mistake really, I only needed one) and I have to say they sound a bit weird. I think they have remixed them or something. Also the volume level on one is higher than the other but there is also less hiss (yeah on a CD lol)....

Despite being a very weak production (I actually just finished listening to the album 20 minutes ago!) it does give Sin After Sin a lot of character. And yes, a fantastic album. :)

I'd go with Sad Wings as my favorite 70s Priest record, but all 4 are classics.

I'd go with 'Sad Wings Of Destiny' as my favorite Priest album ever! I love that album.

70s

I own a couple of Gull compilations of the first two albums that my parents

Gull keeps on cashing at JP fame expenses, they issue compilations everynow and them and they're only the first two albums.

In 1998 Original Masters from Snapper Music (under license from Gull) reissued the first two albums with the original artwork (in the booklet of "Rockarolla" you can see on the back the alternative artwork that circulated a lot and a bonus track 'Diamonds And Rust' originally from "Sin After Sin", don't know how they managed to get in there). This reissues have a great sound and finally people could have both albums complete as separate CDs with the original artwork.

Yeah, that or Painkiller. Of course both produced by Chris Tsangerides.

You are wrong there my good friend. The album was produced by one Jeffrey Calvert. Chris Tsangarides was the engeneer on the album, whatever that means. ;-)

You can find info about that here:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:w9ftxq95ldse~T2

And here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Tsangarides

Quote from the above page:

'Tsangarides began engineering in 1975 at Morgan Studios (later becoming Battery Studios) in London, where he assisted on Judas Priest's album Sad Wings of Destiny.'

----------------
Now playing: Queen - Ogre Battle

'Tsangarides began engineering in 1975 at Morgan Studios (later becoming Battery Studios) in London, where he assisted on Judas Priest's album Sad Wings of Destiny.'

Half wrong, my friend. He produced and engineered Painkiller (which means he helped with arrnagements and stuff, plus he set up the mics). He was chosen for Painkiller because Priest loved the sound of Sad Wings so much (which he had engineered - I thought he co-produced as well).

Looking @ the polls...the 70's are running (wild? *lol*) way ahead.

I did see JP:

1986 with RAVEN
1988 with SLAYER
2005 with QUEENSRYCHE

all were great shows btw.

Let's see for Hawk and PM74:

"Sadwings Of Destiny": Produced by Jeffrey Calvert, Max West and Judas Priest. Engineered by Jeffrey Calvert, Dave Charles and Chris Tsangarides. Recorded at Rockfield and Morgan Studios.

"Painkiller": Produced by Judas Priest and Chris Tsangarides. Engineered by Attie Bauw and Patrice Rouillon. Recorded at Miraval Studios, France. Recorded and Mixed at Wiseloord Studios, Holland by Glenn Tipton, K.K.Downing, Rob Halford, and Chris Tsanagarides.

I guess you both right and wrong, now kiss each other under the mistletoe and make peace :lol:

Let's see for Hawk and PM74:

"Sadwings Of Destiny": Produced by Jeffrey Calvert, Max West and Judas Priest. Engineered by Jeffrey Calvert, Dave Charles and Chris Tsangarides. Recorded at Rockfield and Morgan Studios.

"Painkiller": Produced by Judas Priest and Chris Tsangarides. Engineered by Attie Bauw and Patrice Rouillon. Recorded at Miraval Studios, France. Recorded and Mixed at Wiseloord Studios, Holland by Glenn Tipton, K.K.Downing, Rob Halford, and Chris Tsanagarides.

I guess you both right and wrong, now kiss each other under the mistletoe and make peace :lol:

Don't worry buddy, if there are two people on this board that agree about a lot of things in life, it's Brandon and me. :) I think our friendship can have a little disagreement about production credits. :)

Don't worry buddy, if there are two people on this board that agree about a lot of things in life, it's Brandon and me. I think our friendship can have a little disagreement about production credits.

True dat. And thanks to Hawk I'm not the only nut libertarian on here. :lol:

Tsangerides did do some of the engineering stuff on Painkiller, although as Wyv's post indicated he didn't take any actual written credit.

Hey Wyv, what are the mixing/mastering credits for both albums?

I'm curious to see if George Marino had any hand in either. That guy has mastered half of my bloody CD collection!

True dat. And thanks to Hawk I'm not the only nut libertarian on here. :lol:

Hey Wyv, what are the mixing/mastering credits for both albums?

I think I'm a bit libertarian too, but mostly anarchist :headbang:

I knew you too get along well I was taking the oppotunity to tease you both :Smug:

SOD: There ane no credits for that on the album, ask Hawk he was around at the time, I was just a child :heh: (yes that also is a joke!)
"Painkiller: Mastered at The Townhouse Studios, London. Doesn't say by whom, maybe by the same team that did the recording at Wisseloord judging by the way the credits are written in the booklet.

And who the hell is George Marino, never heard of him, but it's true that I NEVER read the production credits :oops:

All the eras of priest were good, it proved they can progress with their music, and not release the same album twice. IF I had to choose though, I would say 70's and 80's and I do like Nostradamus for it has heart. I wouldn't consider the RIpper real priest, he is kind of like a temporary Priest cover band act.