Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
John Bush's first concert: KISS: Anahiem Stadium 08/23/76
Charlie saw KISS03/75 at the Beacon Theatre NYC
Scott: MSG 02/18/77
Anthrax opened for KISS on the Crazy Nights 1988 Tour
Anthrax covered KISS 4 times, including a collaboration.
My point No KISS= No Anthrax, now vote for your favorite KISS record.

Well now boys, KISS Alive II is THE seminal live record (of all time, I might add), so it is the best record included in the poll, and what I voted for.

However, I don't like to compare live to studio, so if it were just studio, I'd vote for "Destroyer," though only by a smidgen over "Love Gun."

Originally posted by LOAroberto
Anyone remember that Kiss record Carnival of Souls? It came out in 97 or 98. It was the heaviest Kiss record ever made!!!

No offense, but this record is crap. The kind of crap you find UNDER your toilet on Sunday morning. Blech!

I'm not much of a Kiss fan, but I would certainly give them big props, and I would certainly choose "Destroyer" as my favorite. You can't fade "Great Expectations". I have a friend that is so into Kiss that he also enjoyed the "Carnival of Souls" album. I thought it sounded like Kiss Grunge! LOL.

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Carnival of Souls sounded like a grunge record. Not bad, but not great. They should have had Bob Ezrin produce it. Bob is probably the best record producer EVER. His resume speaks for itself: the wall, dark side of the moon, welcome to my nightmare, billion dollar babies, and oh yeah, Destroyer. However, the songs were ok. i think Gene and Paul are the closest America will ever come to Paul McCa and John Lennon, and even "gay" KISS had some good songs. P&G are very prolific song writers.

Originally posted by dutchy
"COS" sucks , but I'd loved the 3D show they did, my 1st Kiss show , and included everything I expexted, the whole nine yard, superb show!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first heard KISS were putting the make-up back on I was actually afraid they'd ruin the whole legacy. I thought they would look like a tribute band. I had seen Ace and Peter play clubs over the years, and they really appeared washed up. Plus, Gene and Paul seemed to just be getting comfy (Gene esp.) w/ thier non-make-up selves. When I saw the Reunion show in 1996, I was blown away!!!!! The Alive/Worldwide Tour, the Lost Cities Tour, the Psycho Circus 3-D tour, and the Farewell Tour were all phenomenal!!!

Kiss Alive I to me is the best live album ever (just beating Skynyrds "One more from the road". If I have to pick a studio album it's "Rock 'n' Roll Over" for me. Kiss at MSG 2/18/77 is still one of the best concerts i've ever seen too.

Originally posted by SlaughterofSoul
My favorite Kiss album is We Sold Our Souls To $.

Yeah they do over merchandise, but please, name me one band that isn't in it for the $$$$$$$$$. And before someone says "Anthrax" ask yourself "Would they turn down Metallica type $$$$$$$" Everybody is in it for money, some people just know how to make more....

Originally posted by TD

Yeah they do over merchandise, but please, name me one band that isn't in it for the $$$$$$$$$. And before someone says "Anthrax" ask yourself "Would they turn down Metallica type $$$$$$$" Everybody is in it for money, some people just know how to make more....

Yeah, I know bands are in it for the money, but kiss goes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overboard with it. I mean, shit, Kiss Coffins? And I think Kiss is only in it for the money.

TD not everyone is in it for the money. It's cool to make a milion bucks by just selling youre cd's to 12 years old , but in the end you start a band cause the music is in youre heart.If youve ever been on a stage in front of crowd you know what I'm talkin about.
The vibe youre getting when standing on some stage with all these lights FUCKIN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ive been there, so believe. If you want to make easy money..........sell drugs!!!!!!

Originally posted by dutchy
TD not everyone is in it for the money. It's cool to make a milion bucks by just selling youre cd's to 12 years old , but in the end you start a band cause the music is in youre heart.If youve ever been on a stage in front of crowd you know what I'm talkin about.
The vibe youre getting when standing on some stage with all these lights FUCKIN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ive been there, so believe. If you want to make easy money..........sell drugs!!!!!!

Let me change my quote then. Only bands that have made money are in it for the money. How's that. Dude, if you believe that bands are in it for more than chicks, drugs, and $$$$, you are way out of touch, naive, and you are thinking way to altruistically.