Best late in career albums

i agree with Hansi, as i do with every member of Blind Guardian (including Thomen whos know gone to Savage Circus). they are my 2nd favorite band, and they have continuously progressed, and amazingly i believe the bards are far from over!!

and iron maiden, iron fuckin maiden!! well, they are my favorite, and they always blow me away- fuckin fantastic! the latest 2 albums, Brave New World and Dance Of Death were brilliant albums, a GREAT rebound from the blaze era (even though blaze still ruled).

to go along with maiden, bruce dickinson solo. while the start was great, the AOB, CW, and TOS were just very very awesome, especially since rejoining maiden and still coming out with a strong album, TOS, to complete the triad.

and tad morose, i think they have gone through amazing progress! i mean the last 3 albums, Undead, Matters Of The Dark, Modus Vivendi, were flawless! i think its much better than the older stuff, even though the old stuff still owns.

the same aspect for Brainstorm is with Tad Morose. last 3 were so much better.

i also think Saxon have followed up quite well, they have not strayed too much and still putting out very great metal!

Dodens Grav said:
I'd have to disagree, but that's because I love me some Swedish Death Metal, hehe. :p

I hope you don't refer to my post 'cause Amorphis and Sentenced are from Finland :lol:

NP: Phenomena - 'Hell On Wings'

No-Mercy said:
i agree with Hansi, as i do with every member of Blind Guardian (including Thomen whos know gone to Savage Circus). they are my 2nd favorite band, and they have continuously progressed, and amazingly i believe the bards are far from over!!

Again I wasn't counting "younger" bands, but with BG i completely agree with your statement, regardless of what Thome thinks and believe regarding SC path I do like BG much more today that towards the beginning no matter what people say ANATO rules!

NP: Phenomena - 'Hell On Wings'

I may get slammed for this, but I think Motley Crue's 'New Tattoo' was a really good album for them. It got bashed pretty good by the fans, but I felt it was a return to their older sound.

Later career to me means the musician has been around for at least a decade, preferably two. That automatically disqualifies most suggestions so far! Rather than say who has best "late in career" albums, I'll mention some old names that have still put out killer music in the past several years:

Savatage/TSO/Jon Oliva
Tony Iommi
Ritchie Blackmore/Blackmore's Night
Deep Purple
Glenn Hughes
John Arch
UFO
Warlord
Saxon

...and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

NP: Phenomena - Still the Night