Best Mix I've Ever Done, Emmure Style

The bass grit is a little bit annoying imo, it seems like a single frequency cut through, instead of blending with the guitars. Other than that I found it quite convincing !

The bass grit is a little bit annoying imo, it seems like a single frequency cut through, instead of blending with the guitars. Other than that I found it quite convincing !

Very helpful feedback. I ended cutting out 6 dB of 3200 kHz area with a Q value of 3 while compressing the 800Hz-2300 Hz zone and boosting that area.

also, onqel released a 1.0.1 version of his amp so I applied that as well with same settings.

here's the new version! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3371179/Gift Giver - Chatterbox V5.mp3

Did you use a di box or straight into the interface and what interface did you use?
I love the song and it sounds fantastic

GUITAR CHAIN:
Schecter Hellraiser with 60 guage strings -> TSE808 2.0 -> TSEX50 1.0 -> LeCab 2 -> Convolution Reverb -> Para EQ
Emm, I thought it's a VSTi guitar. Now I think - may be - sampled Schecter Hellraiser:D

Songwise - can't listen to that kind of "vocalists", seems like they just heard about word "fuck" and etc lol. Bullshit lyrics, cliche everywhere.
Guitars/bass/drums/etc - just doesn't make any sense, compositionwise - no idea for this one and funny thing is - we have a lot of "different" "songs", I mean - tracks, sounding "different", with different vocalists, different guitar riffs, but you know - each one sounds the same=).

Overall - sounds overcompressed, doesn't matter what guitar tone is/what snare is this/etc, since all you can hear of any instrument in mix is just it's attack.
May be it's all very good, but it definitely isn't a great music, it's definitely not even music.
May be you won't agree with me, but all you can do is just swallow it.

Cheerio,
J

Emm, I thought it's a VSTi guitar. Now I think - may be - sampled Schecter Hellraiser:D

Songwise - can't listen to that kind of "vocalists", seems like they just heard about word "fuck" and etc lol. Bullshit lyrics, cliche everywhere.
Guitars/bass/drums/etc - just doesn't make any sense, compositionwise - no idea for this one and funny thing is - we have a lot of "different" "songs", I mean - tracks, sounding "different", with different vocalists, different guitar riffs, but you know - each one sounds the same=).

Overall - sounds overcompressed, doesn't matter what guitar tone is/what snare is this/etc, since all you can hear of any instrument in mix is just it's attack.
May be it's all very good, but it definitely isn't a great music, it's definitely not even music.
May be you won't agree with me, but all you can do is just swallow it.

Cheerio,
J

No worries my man :)
I would describe our music as just that. Overcompressed, lots of attack, lots of "fuck" and each riff does somehow sound alike. I'm so glad the mix accomplished its goal of sounding as such to even you.

We've posted ourselves on the B9 forums posting it as "JUST SHUT YOUR GOD DAMN MOUTH FFO EMMURE"
The controversy and hate has gotten us as much exposure as the support and love. You have to wonder how we ended up naming our upcoming EP fucking "Daddy Issues" of all things. ;)

Maybe it's just what we're going for. :D:tickled::devil: :fu:

I think this song is bad ass. The mix is very well done, but listening to it on my speakers with a subwoofer, it seems to be lacking a some low end.