Best moment on the new album

TheSleeper

New Metal Member
Oct 30, 2003
State and discuss your favorite moment on the new album.

It's hard to choose, but mine goes to the part in "Secrets of Flight" when the song kicks in with "I play dead high upon my stage" around the 6:10 mark...damn, so much power and emotion. And then right after we get that beautiful acoustic sounding guitar work.

Sam027 said:
cant really tell, but the sun caged solo is indeed sick! thats what i call a wide range sweeping lick lol!

Ain't that a whammy?

I like the unisono parts like in Sedation, at 2:00 and the up- and down unisono thang in Sun Caged at 2:55. Boy, I love unisono and nice melodies. Also I like the reversed count in Sedation at 7:05, hehe :p.

My favorite part is the Coenen solo in Unchanging... (at 3:06). It represents the most emotion on the cd I think.

mcoenen said:
yes it is a whammy ;)

That's what I thought...;)
How did you come up with the idea for that part? It's unlike anything I've heard before!

BTW, any chance of tabs of that solo? (or any other song, for that matter;)) I probably can't play that particular part but I'm curious how it's played...

The soloing in "Sun Caged" rules indeed. Besides the great guitar work on this record I'll have to say that I am *very* inpressed by Joost. He RULES! Must be my favorite keyboard player now. I like the way he varies his sounds.

I think I'm the only one whos favourite part is the end part of soil (6:00 till end) with the flange effect. This is also my favourite song :)