Best Of 2003 (updated!)

Chow Mai Dong said:
Was that album a grower? I bloody hope so, cause I bought it today after hearing everyone talking it up and I wasn't really digging it in the one solid listen I've given it so far. Some of the lyrics were rather cringe-worthy too. :p

I certainly won't write it off yet but I reckon Amorphis have got a hand over them in that kinda style of music.
It is a grower, yeah. I find that just about every Katatonia album I have took a few listens before it blew me away. 'Viva Emptiness' has some amazing moments, but I don't think it's as good as 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' which is probably my all time favourite album believe it or not. I even actually prefer 'Tonight's Decision' over the new one too.

It's still an amazing album though.

As I've said in another thread, the Jane's Addiction, Living Colour and Iron Maiden album were my favourites of this year. I'd list the new Arch Enemy if I had an original copy of it too.....

In no particular order:

Portal - Seepia
Psycroptic - The Scepter of the Ancients
Black Bile - Obscure Yet Vivid
Destroyer 666 - Terror Abraxas
Grenade - Venom of God
Gospel of The Horns - A Call to Arms
Mutiilation - Majestas Leprosus
Carpathian Forest - Defending the Throne of Evil
Luciferion - The Apostate
Zyklon - Aeon
Sargeist - Satanic Black Devotion
Type O Negative - Life is Killing Me
A Gruesome Find - The Fire that Burns in Hell

thehellishone said:
Type O Negative - Life is Killing Me
Really? Personally I think this is their worst album since before 'Bloody Kisses'. Everytime I hear it I just want to put on 'October Rust', one of the greatest albums ever...

Steel's humour is getting to much for me. The guy's a dickhead.

My Favourite Albums This Year:

SKID ROW: THICKSKIN
ANTHRAX: WE'VE COME FOR YOU ALL
DEICIDE: BEST OF
SOILWORK: FIGURE NUMBER FIVE
CHILDREN OF BODOM: HATECREW DEATHROLL
KORN: TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY: THE BLESSED HELLRIDE
DEVILDRIVER: DEVILDRIVER
ARCH ENEMY: ANTHEMS OF REBELLION
STATIC X: SHADOW ZONE
VITAL REMAINS: DECHRISTIANIZE
CRADLE OF FILTH: DAMNATION AND A DAY
BEHEMOTH: ZOS KIA CULTUS
KISS: SYMPHONY- ALIVE IV

requiem said:
Really? Personally I think this is their worst album since before 'Bloody Kisses'. Everytime I hear it I just want to put on 'October Rust', one of the greatest albums ever...

Steel's humour is getting to much for me. The guy's a dickhead.

I really like it, but I like nearly everything they've done. Type O is a guilty Pleasure of mine. World Coming Down wasn't that great, which is probably why I like Life Is Killing Me so much.