Best opening song...

What is the best opening song from an Opeth album?

• In the Mist She was Standing

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Advent

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Prologue/April Ethereal

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • The Moor

Votes: 45 28.3%
  • The Leper Affinity

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Wreath

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Windowpane

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Ghost of Perdition

Votes: 27 17.0%

• Total voters
Meh, I knew The Moor would be winning. Didn't that win a best overall song poll a while back? I know that whole thing about OPINIONS, but I thought that was BS.

I voted for In Mist She Was Standing, but should have voted for April Ethereal, didn't see that one (dumbass). I actually didn't know it wasn't In THE Mist She Was Standing until I saw it in this poll.

Wow, Opeth has REALLY good opening tracks. If The Moor is the worst one they have (yeah, I'm egging you on, what), you know they're doing something right with those...

I can't choose. :( They're all fucking amazing openers. But, considering that Orchid was the first Opeth album that I listened to, In Mist She Was Standing has always been one of my favs, so I'm gonna vote for that.

Are you asking that because it's should have more or should have less?

There are so many excellent songs to choose from, and I'm sure many people would place Advent at 2nd or 3rd if they were to do the whole list in order. p0lls aren't too accurate, for that reason. Right now P/AE is 2nd I think, behind The Moor. If 30% of the people who voted would place The Moor very low on their list, and 40% would have P/AE at 2nd or 3rd, P/AE would probably be the winner overall. But "what's the best" polls aren't so good at showing that.

And if you think Advent should have LESS than 10 votes, you just don't like Advent enough. LISTEN AGAIN!

Anyway, the whole list, for me, would go like this-
Prologue/April Ethereal
In Mist She Was Standing
The Leper Affinity
Advent
Windowpane
Ghost of Perdition
Wreath
The Moor
I don't know why I felt the need to do that, but I did. So there.

My vote goes to Ghost Of Perdition. I must say it impressed the shits out of me when i had my very first listening of GR. I really loved the mystics of this opening and it gave a perfect "preview" of what to come! The Moor, Windowpane and The Leper Affinity are also perfect openers.

Believe it or not... I had a hard time considering which was a better Opeth opener. I would have probably either picked the Leper Affinity, or the Moor... but April Ethereal has the most feeling behind it. Also... it's a heavy song. In most general statements... I'm thinking a lot of Still Life is more stuff that should be played during the middle of the show, or more towards the end(that is if they EVER play Serenity Painted Death).

Hmm.. although i've already voted Prologue/April Ethereal, currently i'd say that it's a close tie between that and In Mist She Was Standing.. you can't help but adore the intro segment!