Best pedal for metal!!!

superdupermic

New Metal Member
Mar 28, 2005
I've just bought a Rocktron -"Metal Planet"... just LOOOOOVE IT!!!!! great for NU-sound...

whats the best pedal for playing metal in your opinion??

,MiC. :devil:

When you say nu, I hope your not referring to nu metal.

I use a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone to get that extra bit of distortion. Its great for any kind of music with high distortion though.

I prefer my 5150 to any pedal I have heard so far, just can't get the same sound that tubes can produce out of a digital device.

sonofhendrix13 said:
When you say nu, I hope your not referring to nu metal.

I use a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone to get that extra bit of distortion. Its great for any kind of music with high distortion though.

The DigiTech XMM Metal Master is MUCH better than the Metal Zone

I use the Metal Master, but hopefully I'm going to be getting a real amp soon. The big problem with the Metal Master is that it has no distortion controll. If you use one of those often, you'll probably develop a slopy style, because when you have too much distortion you can afford to play sloppily without anyone noticing.

RideForVengance said:
I use the Metal Master, but hopefully I'm going to be getting a real amp soon. The big problem with the Metal Master is that it has no distortion controll. If you use one of those often, you'll probably develop a slopy style, because when you have too much distortion you can afford to play sloppily without anyone noticing.

The metal zone is one of the most versatile "metal pedals" out there. You can tweak the EQ and get just about any kind of sound you want, including a ripping liquid distortion. But yeah, the amp is more important.. you can add effects processors until your sound begins to sound like a mass of shit :D

Line 6 Uber Metal :headbang: Turn the mids way down and the trebs and bass way up. the scoop not very high the gain way up.

Flick the switch to pulverize and gate 2

in my opinion pedals are over rated and nothing compares to the clean (not really clean) power and distortion that comes out of a good amp, using pedals just muddys up the sound.

I agree with Triellan666. Pedals get messed up and sloppy sounding. Save up and spend the extra money on a good head and cab. Ive played on the MH-500 Metalhead from Fender and it has some of the best distortion ever. Its also like a thousand bucks. The Marshall MF350 is also a REALLY good head with kickA distortion. Any Randall head just about. Even Peaveys Triple XXX, its got some really good sound too. Ive either played on or heard all these heads, they are definitly what you want to look for.

George-Lynch-TMB-lg.jpg