Best place for 1176 comp?

XxSicRokerxX

Gabriel R.
Nov 25, 2010
Orange County, CA
So i have been reading ton of threads on Drum Bussing i have a few questions:

Im trying to pick up new habits to conserve more CPU and make my life easier, i USED to eq,comp,limit,etc each track i.e. kick, snare, tom1, etc.

But then a while ago i learned to group bus, so now i'll create a Tom Bus and send my toms into there where i will add a large-wooden ROOM impulse from Bricasti M7. Then i will compress that with a fast release.

Then i will eq,limit, compress the kick by itself. I will send the hats/cymbols usually to an Overhead Bus.

Then i will send everything to a Drum Bus...is this where i put it in the 1176 Comp? (i downloaded soft fet comp demo) to i guess glue everything together?

I think i read somewhere too add the 1176 comp to the room bus...How can i make a room bus using drum samples?

If i add reverb to the drum bus is it not the same as a room? Or what if i create a stereo Reverb FX bus and only SEND a few % to the Drum bus. Is that not the same thing?

If you dont mind, can you share your basic guide to mixing drums ive looked around i see many guides for guitars but what about drums. Do you mix everything individually and leave it at that? or parallel bus like i do.