Best Power Metal Band - round 5 - vote for the one you like least!!

Whichof these bands do you like the LEAST?

• Rhapsody

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Gamma Ray

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Nightwish

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Sonata Arctica

• Stratovarius

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Blind Guardian

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by lizard
X-Japan I like. especially their moody stuff, I only wish I knew the Japanese verses. shame about the guitarist killing himself.

as for Japanese: Concerto Moon! I just went back and listened to an MP3 of the instrumental "Rain Forest," a guitar showcase for Norifuma Shima - awesome!

Do they sing in japenese too ? :lol:
The piano part in art of life is hard to get through, i know what the meaning is behind the idea but is pretty hard to get used too,
but yeah X-japan is pretty good!

Originally posted by NeXTLiFE
No better example than "Slaying The Dreamer" eh? I have no problem with Tarja's vocals but I agree the male vocals make a great addition. I still prefer Wishmaster as an album but I think Century Child could be a sign of better things to come.

Tunes like Phantom of the Opera, Dead to the world and Feel for you are also enhanced by marco's vocals! when he says "puppet girl your strings are mine" in Feel for you, it's just so great!

Wishmaster used to be my favorite, but now with the many listenings i've had it seems to lack depth, but it is still a great record. Oceanborn is probably my favorite right after Century Child.

Hmmm.... IMO Testament are "Thrash" or even, based on their last brilliant album 'The Gathering', "Thrash/Melodic Death". Definitely NOT "Power" anyway. Just my opinion of course. ;)

Ahhahaha now the posers in Nightwish must go, finally!!!!!!!!
And yes once again I voted for them, not that Im very fond of Gamma Ray or Stratpverygay either, but I like Nightwish the least because of their poser style.

Originally posted by Aggressor
And yes once again I voted for them, not that Im very fond of Gamma Ray or Stratpverygay either, but I like Nightwish the least because of their poser style.

It's your right not to like any of the bands you mentioned but you don't have to make up stupid nicknames for them and bash them, if your gonna say that you dislike them say it in a classy way and explain your point of view, not in this uncivilized way , which shows by the way that you lack imagination and vocabulary...

Originally posted by Aggressor

If your gonna go and say stratoverygay you might as well say Gamma Gay too

**not that i think either of the bands are gay**

Yeah I though about it, but didnt bother...

Anyway Ive explained why I dont like these bands in the earlier rounds and I didnt find any point in writing exactly the same again.

Ok the way why I dont like Nightwish, Stratovarius and Gamma Ray:

Nightwish: Damn sellout poser band, they used to be good, but never developed as a band or as musicians and are just the same as when they started to play.
Also they have terrible guitar player and keyboard solo type stuff :yuk:

Stratovarius: A VERY unoriginal band, with lots of extremely bad and boring songs.

Gamma Ray: Arent exactly the most original band in the world either, nor do they have any interessting musical aspects or good songs.
They are just the same as the mass of bad power metal bands!