Best PPEU-moment

The Good: Losing my voice while singing along to the Baarlo marching bands.
The Bad: The Wheelchair and throwing beer at the stage during JOP. Shameful.
The Ugly: 9am in our room after the after party.

I'd like to send a special thanks out to Chris who was able to come to the venue with me for the first bands on Sunday when no one else could :tickled:

+1 on the wheel chair stealing!

I keep telling everybody that the people at ppe don't do silly things, but it seems even here there has to be the one exception to the rule. Bummer!
There are many people who can't drink over the top without losing control over themselves, guess we cought one of those.

To the wheel chair steeler:
This was the worst you've ever did in your life (hopefully!!!), so take the power to show up and excuse yourself or else stay away forever.

To Andras:
We would have done everything to make you enjoy the rest of the festival, even if it would have been carrying you forth and back to the venue on our shoulders, and I'm quite sure that the ppe staff would have managed to find some temporary replacement for you.
I hope you can take it as it was, a fucking bad ass joke of one or more total drunken idiots(s) that lost his/their brain somewhere.
I feel deeply sorry for that!

+1 on the wheel chair stealing!

I keep telling everybody that the people at ppe don't do silly things, but it seems even here there has to be the one exception to the rule. Bummer!
There are many people who can't drink over the top without losing control over themselves, guess we cought one of those.

To the wheel chair steeler:
This was the worst you've ever did in your life (hopefully!!!), so take the power to show up and excuse yourself or else stay away forever.

To Andras:
We would have done everything to make you enjoy the rest of the festival, even if it would have been carrying you forth and back to the venue on our shoulders, and I'm quite sure that the ppe staff would have managed to find some temporary replacement for you.
I hope you can take it as it was, a fucking bad ass joke of one or more total drunken idiots(s) that lost his/their brain somewhere.
I feel deeply sorry for that!

+1

best moments;
-Watching the orchestra on a sunny sunday in the garden with a little hangover.
-Having little hangovers in stead of the big ones, may be because this year we we're just drinking 'Sjoes' (beer with some dark beer)....and coffee

emotional moment:
-JOP playing 'when the crowds are gone'

Funniest moment:
- spotting Arjen in the crowd and going: "Holy shit, I didn't know he was *that* tall!"

Best moment:
- meeting all of you
- the music

Worst moment:
- getting back to work on Tuesday morning...

I'll just focus on the good:

- Oganalp's story about his hand and his hair
- Telling Lionel Richie that I loved him (in Turkish)
- The bunny at the sunday afterparty
- Meeting old and new friends
- The shows from Xerath and JOP
- The circle pit around the castle table
- Giving Dario a nightmare about Scooter
- Tom & Ricard as standup comedy duo

Funniest moment:
My wife being so overwhelmed by Shadow Gallery's performance that she spontaneously hugged a surprised Gary Wehrkamp afterwards:p.

Best moments: musically, the performances of Shadow Gallery and Darkwater during which I almost shed a tear from happiness.
And ofcourse meeting all our friends.

Stupidest moment: the drunk guy who was harrassing people in the crowd, first 3 of my friends (2 female, one male) and then he tried my wife, but I quickly went in front of her to block him and he fortunately moved along.

Also the people smoking during Jon Oliva, I really hate it and as far as I know it's not allowed inside. Although with The Mountain King smoking himself on stage I can understand the confusion.
My compliments to the guy who actually approached me and put out his cigarette when he asked me if it bothered me. Very nice!

Fun memories:-

The moment when the falling cymbal sliced through the guitar lead...! For Proghma-C I think. I had no idea those things were so sharp! :ill:

The Sunday morning band at the castle, sitting watching it while "needing" to finish off our crate of beer before lunchtime :D

And Friday night, some wee hour of the morning being woken up by strange men shoulder barging our door and trying to break the lock, yelling "WHERE'S THE GIRL WITH THE BOOBS?!"

wtf??

Haha, I remember one funny thing now.
I was looking for Stefan who I hadn't met before. All I know was that he was supposed to have a red Rush t-shirt. After almost half a day without seeing him I finally spotted a Rush T-shirt. OK, it was black, but the print was red so I thought... hmm.. must be him. But he seamed stressed and were running back and forth so I didn't approach him... 10 minutes later I went in to see Xerath and discover that the guy I had seen was not Stefan but the singer of Xerath :)

I was looking for Stefan who I hadn't met before. All I know was that he was supposed to have a red Rush t-shirt. After almost half a day without seeing him I finally spotted a Rush T-shirt. OK, it was black, but the print was red so I thought... hmm.. must be him. But he seamed stressed and were running back and forth so I didn't approach him... 10 minutes later I went in to see Xerath and discover that the guy I had seen was not Stefan but the singer of Xerath :)

Haha, well, you found the red Rush t-shirt at last! Nice talking to you Mattias!

And, we have actually met before, once. We had a brief chat at an Arena-gig in Gothenburg, quite a few years ago (when my lastname was still Carlsson!) :D

Hmm I had a similar experience a couple of years ago, only: I did approach the person... I offered Mattias Norén a beer as we had been in touch about the DPRP logo and then "Mattias" answered in Dutch that his name was Rick :cry:

ooooops.....

Hmm I had a similar experience a couple of years ago, only: I did approach the person... I offered Mattias Norén a beer as we had been in touch about the DPRP logo and then "Mattias" answered in Dutch that his name was Rick :cry:

ooooops.....

Hahaha, I almost forgot that. The beer tasted good anyway:lol:

Somehow I remembered something about doing a nice waltz on the first night. I think it was when serenity was playing? And I seem to remember it was with matthias. It was about the best thing about their performance :p

Well Rick, we did get in contact because of that so it does count as a good moment :) Have you seen the picture I send you?

Oh and I am still looking for that Norén person by the way.....o_O

Yes I have, now. Thanx. Nice pic.:cool: