Best "Pure" metal album of 2005

Im not sure why anyone is calling TGE a "pure" Metal album. It is awesome, but pure metal consists of bands like Manowar, Wotan, Manilla Road, etc.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Im not sure why anyone is calling TGE a "pure" Metal album. It is awesome, but pure metal consists of bands like Manowar, Wotan, Manilla Road, etc.

No, that's "True" - or "Troo". I didn't know exactly what he meant, so I picked "the ones that don't fit in a subgenre". ;)

"MetalMessiah9999

Cant any metal without an outside influence be pure metal?"

well...no, then it would not be pure metal... but my question is that can anything be called pure? everything about metal has in some way been influensed by other kind of music

derek said:
candlemass, hypocrisy, nevermore...
hey dude, from these 3 bands candlemass is the only I didn't heard. Is it any good? Will a guy who never owned a candlemass cd enjoy this album?

"Pure" metal to me is just that, Pure fucking metal with every instrument being played in an absolute metal structure, including vocals albeit(death vox or clean.) Example; Synchestra by Devin( who is one of the best musicians working today) is not pure metal, but various styles incorporated into that particular album. Be that as it may, it's still is an incredible piece of musical art. IMHO, TGE is just punishing, brilliant metal with excellent lyrics. Music played to perfection in metal's purest form. Hey, that's just what these ears and mind hear. Only my opinion. Please do not turn this into a bitch-fest over my thoughts. The Opeth forum has destroyed my faith in intelligient posts.

ironbeard said:
"Pure" metal to me is just that, Pure fucking metal with every instrument being played in an absolute metal structure, including vocals albeit(death vox or clean.) Example; Synchestra by Devin( who is one of the best musicians working today) is not pure metal, but various styles incorporated into that particular album. Be that as it may, it's still is an incredible piece of musical art. IMHO, TGE is just punishing, brilliant metal with excellent lyrics. Music played to perfection in metal's purest form. Hey, that's just what these ears and mind hear. Only my opinion. Please do not turn this into a bitch-fest over my thoughts. The Opeth forum has destroyed my faith in intelligient posts.

You should probably understand that most of my posts here arent serious, and in this case I was just being an asshole. But If you came here expecting any kind of intelligent discussion, well...:lol:

eaeolian said:
No, that's "True" - or "Troo". I didn't know exactly what he meant, so I picked "the ones that don't fit in a subgenre". ;)
no, that is neither tr00 nor true. It is pure hevay metal, as it was played back in the 80's.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
You should probably understand that most of my posts here arent serious, and in this case I was just being an asshole. But If you came here expecting any kind of intelligent discussion, well...:lol:
Hm... but there was truth in your words.

Best pure metal album?

TGE. It's definitely pure metal, but you don't have to be a pure metalhead do enjoy it. I turned some of my not-so-metal friends onto Nevermore by showing them Godless. They fucking loved it.

En Vind Av Sorg said:

u guys should check out the CoB forum, fuck now THAT is the most useless forum ever!