Best Record Label for Metal

Rise Above did put out some good stuff, yeah. Southern Lord might've been a good pick if they hadn't jumped on the fucking black metal bandwagon harder and heavier than any other label on earth, so that rules them out in fucking fashion.

And I don't get people saying Roadrunner, even for their early 90's output, because as far as quality goes, Osmose fucking wins the early 90's shit hands fucking down.

Edit: Dodens, do you fucking REALIZE how much your sig kicks arse? Fucking Pagan Altar :kickass:

Not sure the current states in metal. Century Media,Peaceville have put out, and re-released my favorite albums so i'm aiming at them.

Metal-Blade use to be good.
RR was good at one point in the early 90's
Candlelight released older opeth, re-released candlemass albums.

All semi-big labels in metal have some qualities.

Relapse now is equivalent to RR.

Ever ? Earache, or their up-to 1996 catalogue.

Of recent years? For me, probably Metal Blade.

Of last year? I Hate Records.

One thing I just realized is that it is hard for me to say which metal label is best currently, because many of my favorite CDs were released in the early/mid 90s by bands that are no longer on the same record label or have since disbanded.

Thasis said:
I like Roadrunner back in the days of lotz of death metal bands. Some of the bands they've held onto (such as Deicide and Slipknot) are realy good. Roadrunner are definitly not the best though. I don't know many of the record labels personally, I just know the bands.
Deicide is not on Roadrunner anymore, and Slipknot is not good, nor are they even metal.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Napalm Records, because I like album covers that feature fat, naked goth chicks.

err... you like FAT naked goth chicks?...

osmose,regain. karmageddon are (re) releasing alot of great albums at the moment metal blade are excellent and as someone mentioned before earache and roadrunner took a nosedive quality wise in the last few years