• Unique Leader

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Henrik Main

Hello
Aug 10, 2002
Norway
Visit site
OK, these four labels might not be the best when it comes to DM, but they sure are amongst the most talked about/popular. I challenge you to vote for your favourite label out of these four:

Relapse (Cephalic Carnage, Dying Fetus, Exhumed, Nasum, Nile, Origin, Suffocation)

Earache (Blood Red Throne, Carcass, Decapitated, Deicide, Hate Eternal, Morbid Angel, The Chasm)

Metal Blade (Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation, Dies Irae, Fleshcrawl, Gorerotted, Vader, Vehemence)

Unique Leader (Decrepit Birth, Deeds Of Flesh, Disgorge, Gorgasm, Psycroptic, Spawn Of Possesion, Vile)

Relapse. I like Nile, Suffo, Cephalic Carnage, Nasum, Pig Destroyer, etc.

Relapse wins mostly because they have/had Mindrot, Morgion, and most of all, Neurosis.

Relapse has a great roster in general:

Neurosis, Daylight Dies, Morgion, Mastodon, Today Is The Day, The End, Nile, Suffocation, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Burnt By The Sun, Cephalic Carnage, Amorphis (or used to), Origin, Soilent Green, Dysrythmia...

The list goes on and on

I'm gonna go with Unique Leader because that label has released more albums that I've hella enjoyed for the amount of bands on the roster than the others.

IMO: Unique Leader > Earche > Relapse > Metal Blade

Just from looking at the bands you've listed for each label - Earache. More specifically, Carcass, Morbid Angel and The Chasm. Relapse in second.

I voted Earache simply because of their ultimate backcatalogue! Morbid Angel, Godflesh, Carcass, Napalm Death, Boltthrower, Entombed, Cadaver, Terrorizer etc. etc.

Now that's somthin'!

...but, when it comes to newer death metal labels, I feel I must ask y'all to check out Retribute Records from the UK: http://www.retributerecords.com

The home of bands like Visceral Bleeding, Imperios, Man Must Die, Beaten back to pure etc.

Now also the home of Chton.

Relapse by far, since they have Shape of Despair and had Morgion at some point, not to mention countless great metalcore(Burnt by the sun, D.E.P., The End), death/grind bands(Cephalic Carnage, Leng T'Che, Suffo., Nile, Dying Fetus) and great letronic/experimental/noise bands(Vidna Obmana, Halo, Merzbow)