The "Getting Erik into more death metal" comp - tracklist revealed!

Henrik, you need more Finnish Death Metal, like Demigod, Demilich, Amorphis, Depravity, Funebre, etc.

Erik said:
i dunno rapidshare maybe

all similar sites fucking suck but at least megaupload and rapidshare dont require registration

I would go with megaupload. Rapidshare puts a limit on how much you can download if you don't subscribe.

swizzlenuts said:
Henrik, you need more Finnish Death Metal, like Demigod, Demilich, Amorphis, Depravity, Funebre, etc.

A lot of you guys are already into those bands, and my goal was to make you check out bands that aren't that "famous"/critically acclaimed.

Hey Henrik, which (if any) of these should I purchase?
Skinless - Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead
Atheretic - Apocalyptic Nature Fury
Crionics - Armageddon's Evolution
Gorod - Neurotripsicks
The Monolith Deathcult - The White Crematorium
Shadows Land - Terminus Ante Quem
Spawn of Possession - Noctambulant
Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis
Blood Red Throne - Altered Genesis
Anata - The Conductor's Departure

Henrik Main said:
A lot of you guys are already into those bands, and my goal was to make you check out bands that aren't that "famous"/critically acclaimed.
Why did you put the Adramelech song on there? That album isn't very good at all...

dill_the_devil said:
Get the Blood Red Throne and Anata, for sure.

Yeah, I think I'll get the BRT and Skinless but I'm not sure about Anata. I've enjoyed previous Anata albums but I get bored by them fairly quickly. I'm also pondering that Spawn of Possession at the moment as well.

Thanatopsis123 said:
Hey Henrik, which (if any) of these should I purchase?
Skinless - Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead
Atheretic - Apocalyptic Nature Fury
Crionics - Armageddon's Evolution
Gorod - Neurotripsicks
The Monolith Deathcult - The White Crematorium
Shadows Land - Terminus Ante Quem
Spawn of Possession - Noctambulant
Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis
Blood Red Throne - Altered Genesis
Anata - The Conductor's Departure

Out of those, I'd get Blood Red Throne's "Altered Genesis", and possibly the Skinless and Decapitated albums. The latter two are solid efforts, although I can name about 50 other DM albums I'd get before those two.

If you're into the more progressive parts of the genre; Gorod, Atheretic and Anata should be worthy of your time. Spawn Of Possession's "Noctambulant" was pretty much a huge letdown, I think, considering I'm not a big fan of constant lead guitar wanking and intricate riffs just for the sake of being technical. Download "Sour Flow" from "Noctambulant" here. Haven't heard the Crionics, Monolith Deatchult and Shadows Land.