so who cares about the new satyricon

Musicwise it sounded like Volcano, coverart is way better, I hate the snake cover.

I always wondered why that kind of a snake is on the cover of an Norvegian band, when there no such things there.

I guess I'll check it out. The sample sounded more or less what I expected, which is not a good sign, but there may be a hidden gem in there. I really like Satyr's vocals, though. They sound strong.

I don't even have Volcano. I don't think this more "rock" style is bad; I just don't love it that much either. I actually thought Rebel Extravaganza was excellent. Too band he doesn't go back to that a little more.

I must say, that I would love to listen album full of songs like Fuel For Hatred and Repined Bastard Nation, I like the way those rocked. Old Satyricon is way better, but as it's clear they will never go back, I'd like to hear more of that rocking stuff.

How are the 2 bonus-tracks on Volcano-vinyl? I should get it soon, but before it happens...

I will never ever understand the tr00 disdain for Volcano. I think people heard the 2 rock/punk-styled tracks - mentioned above - and just gave up. The rest of the album is fucking vicious.

I for one cannot wait for this new one.

I always wondered why that kind of a snake is on the cover of an Norvegian band, when there no such things there.

same reason a band from North Carolina has a sphinx on theirs

MadeInNewJersey said:
I will never ever understand the tr00 disdain for Volcano. I think people heard the 2 rock/punk-styled tracks - mentioned above - and just gave up. The rest of the album is fucking vicious.

I for one cannot wait for this new one.

I also thought it was a solid album, though I can understand why it gets slagged so often...