Satyricon's Now, Diabolical

I must say I am honestly surprised at all the positive comments in regards to this album. Good for Satyricon and I've already given my opinion, but I didn't think it would be popular among many, especially those who are heavy into black metal...and in regards to the video, I think it was the K.I.N.G. video that I didn't like, it just had a bit of an MTV-style vibe to it.

It's basically an 8.5 or 9/10 for me, I sampled a few songs off Volcano last night and I was disappointed, how was that album?

It's basically an 8.5 or 9/10 for me, I sampled a few songs off Volcano last night and I was disappointed, how was that album?

I like Volcano a bit better, but its only marginally better in my opinion. There really is some average songs on that album, but it's got some good stuff. Now, Diabolical is more groovy and catchier than Volcano is but I don't think its any better.

I prefere Volcano over Now,Diabolical and Rebel Extravaganza.

I prefer Rebel Extravaganza over both actually. I haven't listened to Satyricon for quite a long time, but if my opinion still holds up I thought The Shadowthrone was good but not great since I felt some songs dragged on, and Dark Medieval Times, Nemesis Divina and Rebel Extravaganza were their best. I don't know if I have a favourite, but Rebel was my most listened to Satyricon album.

^No, like I said in a PM or in a thread there's been a lot of good new death metal releases destracting me from getting them. :lol: But I will get DMT or Shadowthrone before the end of the year.

Well, I usually buy my CD's from FYE 45 minutes away, I go there about once a month and they got a shitty black metal selection, but it's great for new death metal releases, I thought about ordering The Shadowthrone but I just had to get me The Bleeding by Cannibal Corpse when I went to FYE. So I'll probbaly listen to Now, Diabolical and Six Feet Under-Maximum Violence until I get Nile's new CD in July, and get The Shadowthrone or DMT around the Halloween/Winter Grim Time! :lol:
But seriously, I like to blast death metal from my car in the warm times and listen to black metal when it's cooler and colder, but that's just a generality, not a rule. :lol: Because I'm in a black metal mood now and it's Hot outside now so it just depends on the mood generally.
I live in a small town in Western Tennessee where there isn't one CD store in the whole County! Ah! And at my college there's a CD store, only one in that county, but it doesn't sell death or black metal, so I go to the Mall and get me them.

Dän;6137442 said:
Shut up, the album is ordinary at best. I is the only decent Black n roll thing in a genre that is an oxymoron anyway.

Quiet.

I must say I am honestly surprised at all the positive comments in regards to this album. Good for Satyricon and I've already given my opinion, but I didn't think it would be popular among many, especially those who are heavy into black metal...and in regards to the video, I think it was the K.I.N.G. video that I didn't like, it just had a bit of an MTV-style vibe to it.

Well, I'm heavy into bm and I still love it.

I didn't like Volcano that much.

I prefere Volcano over Now,Diabolical and Rebel Extravaganza.

1. ND
2. ND (nemesis)
3. RE
4. DMT
5. ST
6. V

1. The Shadowthrone
2. Nemesis Divina
3. Dark Medieval Times
4. Volcano
5. Now, Diabolical
6. Rebel Extravaganza

1. Nemesis Divina
2. Dark Medieval Times
3. Now, Diabolical
4. Volcano

haven't gotten The Shadowthrone or Rebel Extravaganza yet.

The general consesus I've heard was that Volcano was really lacking, I'll see someday I guess.

The sound it had was defined further on Now, Diabolical. I'd suggest getting that before Volcano. But buy everything else first, in this order (as my suggestion):

1. Nemesis Divina
2. The Shadowthrone
3. Dark Medieval Times
4. Now, Diabolical
5. Rebel Extravaganza
6. Volcano

Happy purchasing.

I heard 2 songs off RE and I'm guessing it's basically tremoloing and blast beats mostly with some single picked notes thrown in for good measure, I could be wrong though.

The sound it had was defined further on Now, Diabolical. I'd suggest getting that before Volcano. But buy everything else first, in this order (as my suggestion):

1. Nemesis Divina
2. The Shadowthrone
3. Dark Medieval Times
4. Now, Diabolical
5. Rebel Extravaganza
6. Volcano

Happy purchasing.

Dark Medieval times first!

Well, I usually buy my CD's from FYE 45 minutes away, I go there about once a month and they got a shitty black metal selection, but it's great for new death metal releases, I thought about ordering The Shadowthrone but I just had to get me The Bleeding by Cannibal Corpse when I went to FYE. So I'll probbaly listen to Now, Diabolical and Six Feet Under-Maximum Violence until I get Nile's new CD in July, and get The Shadowthrone or DMT around the Halloween/Winter Grim Time! :lol:
But seriously, I like to blast death metal from my car in the warm times and listen to black metal when it's cooler and colder, but that's just a generality, not a rule. :lol: Because I'm in a black metal mood now and it's Hot outside now so it just depends on the mood generally.
I live in a small town in Western Tennessee where there isn't one CD store in the whole County! Ah! And at my college there's a CD store, only one in that county, but it doesn't sell death or black metal, so I go to the Mall and get me them.

get DMT first... :yuk: also with the lack of indie record stores in your state I would think that could be a business opportunity for someone... maybe even you... :kickass: