The "Getting Erik into more death metal" comp - tracklist revealed!

NAD, seriously, how much of Arghoslent have you heard? Or are you saying this strictly based on what you think their lyrics are about?

No, I heard one of their albums. I don't remember which. It was like a second rate Eucharist. They were okay though, saying sucks just made a great dichotomy. :loco:

The lyrics are way too easy to make fun of though, I think the first time I read some I started crying I was laughing so hard.

Right, I'm giving this another chance. It's pretty decent for what it is, but melo-thrash-death doesn't keep my attention for very long these days. Vocals get old quick. It's alright, but I'd much rather listen to Eucharist.

Erik needs some Ghoul. I recommend the album "Maniaxe" it thrashes good. Sort of Carcass sounding too. Secret sideproject of Impaled members. It's sort of Anti-Anti-Mosh.

here's the CD tray for a demonstration.

Picture202.jpg

Papa Josh said:
Zyklon paint by numbers?????

What the fuck ever. Zyklon is superb. Samoth and Trym did good with this project. No out of key clean vocals from Ihsahn, and there's even an appearance (and a very good one at that) from Garm on the first album.

Agreed, Aeon is an absolute killer. Have had World ov Worms for awhile, but haven't listened to it much, hopefully no clean vocals from Garm, irritating hippyness.

The song with Garm is actually one of the better songs the band has done. As far as the vocalists, I thought the Limbonic Art guy did better than the Myrkskog guy.

They still bore me after a while, though.

I should get Aeon someday. I think the new singer is better than the old one. Even if Daemon's hot... Um yeah. :boggle:

Henrik Main said:
So I made a 2CD death metal comp for Erik, hoping he'll get into this kind of music sooner or later.

CD 1:

01. Deeds Of Flesh - Mark Of The Legion
02. Autopsy - Robbing The Grave
03. Decapitated - Names
04. Impaled - Operating Theater
05. Dying Fetus - Bathe In Entrails
06. Monstrosity - Abysmal Gods
07. Gorguts - Inverted
08. Vader - Shape Shifting
09. Cryptopsy - Serial Messiah
10. Prostitute Disfigurement - Inside To Expose
11. Dies Irae - Zohak
12. Cannibal Corpse - A Skull Full Of Maggots
13. Behemoth - Demigod
14. Defleshed - Abrah Kadavrah
15. Nile - Masturbating The War-God
16. Insision - The Unrest
17. Deicide - Behead The Prophet
18. Psycroptic - Condemned By Discontent
19. Malevolent Creation - Ravaged By Conflict
20. Aborted - Parasitic Flesh Resection
21. Aeternus - Under The Eternal Blackened Sky

CD 2:

01. Zyklon - Hammer Revelation
02. Morbid Angel - Vengeance Is Mine
03. Blood Red Throne - Chaos Rising!
04. Incantation - Thorns Of Everlasting Persecution
05. Spawn Of Possession - Cabinet
06. Obituary - Slowly We Rot
07. Dehumanized - Prophecies Foretold
08. Exhumed - In The Name Of Gore
09. Disawoved - Condensed Conditions
10. Cephalectomy - Espousing The Lore Of Ancient Mythos
11. Severe Torture - Taking Down The Descender
12. Suffocation - Habitual Infamy
13. Immolation - A Kingdom Divided
14. Gorgasm - Masticate To Dominate
15. Vomitory - Condemned By Pride
16. Brodequin - Slaves To The Pyre
17. Myrkskog - Bleeding Wrists
18. Inveracity - She Died In My Arms
19. Sinners Bleed - Ludo Game
20. Liturgy - Scars Of The Saints
21. Vile - Surgery

Reactions?

The only good bands in that list are Aeternus, Immolation, Gorguts, Incantation, early Morbid Angel, early Vader, Spawn of Possession, Monstrosity, early Deicide...then it gets rather mediocre and at times atrocious.

I have two recommendations for Erik that I don't think have been mentioned yet. Black-death anyone? Why not get the best of both worlds? Check out Krisiun - Conquerors of Armageddon and Angel Corpse - Smoldering in Exile. Then while you're listening, read the lyrics along with it. These should make for a good chaser.