The death metal thread

I love a lot of early death metal like:

Bolt Thrower
Death
Entombed
Malevolent Creation
Morbid Angel
Obituary

To be honest I'm only a fan of melodic death metal. My absolute favorite band of the sub-genre is Death...the albums Individual Thought Patterns and The Sound Of Perseverance are among the very best. Also, Children Of Bodom and In Flames obviously. Hatebreeder and Clayman are among my favorites, but I'm sure you've already heard...or at least heard of these.

IMO Children Of Bodom are not death metal; they are a power metal band with harsh vocals, but they kick major ass nonetheless. I suppose In Flames can be considered melodic death metal, due to lack of any other genre to categorize them as. The Sound Of Perseverance is a great CD, but for some reason the vocals aren't as good on that CD as they are on the other Death CDs.

megamich said:
u've mentioned Sven....he came to our metal club in the north of Israel last friday and headbanged with us. It was nice talking to him too, great guy.
Yeah, btw, you never told me how was it........ so, how was it?

Aborted :headbang: :OMG: :headbang:
Sven is one hell of a twisted dude..... the good sort tho.

*Niko* said:
I listen these bands:

Nile
Blood Red Throne
Circle Of Dead Children
Dying Fetus
Immolation
Morbid Angel
Suffocation
Deicide
Cannibal Corpse
Severe Torture
Vader
Behemoth
Malevolent Creation
Vital Remains
Dissection
Failed Humanity
Hypocrisy
Luciferion
Nasum
Scum
Cattle Decapitation
Six Feet Under
Good taste, apart from SFU obviously. :lol:

Which reminds me, Cattle Decapitation are indeed a class act.

Ageless said:
Exactly, although I question their ass kickingness.
IMO they kick ass, but CoB are not for everyone. Alexi Laiho is undeniably a very good guitarist. And I personally like bands from every metal genre, from death metal, to black metal, to power metal, etc., so I like CoB, as they are one of the best power metal bands out there, and even have harsh, robust vocals.