The Official Old School Death Metal Thread

Eventually I ended up liking Eucharist even more that you do, seeing how they're absent from your list:cool:
And I remember mentioning Creepmime along with other Finnish OSDM bands, but apparently they're Dutch. The Greys wasn't way off then when he said they reminded him of Pestilence.

I still need to check out Gorement, Argentum and Depravity

Argentum isn't strictly old-school death metal. Ad Interitum Funebrarum is one of the most diverse metal albums I've listened to, with influences from doom, black and death metal, and masses of non-cheesy symphonics. It's one hell of an album.

Argentum isn't strictly old-school death metal. Ad Interitum Funebrarum is one of the most diverse metal albums I've listened to, with influences from doom, black and death metal, and masses of non-cheesy symphonics. It's one hell of an album.

oozing with atmosphere, but it has death metal in it, so I put it in there :kickass:

I find Funebre to be rather mediocre. Sure, they have all the right ingredients, including killer riffs, but the production sucks, and the songs tend to go nowhere. Seance is leagues ahead, definitely give Fornever Laid to Rest another listen.

Adramelech -psychostasia is great. I do not care for anything else from them.

Adramelech -psychostasia is great.

Indeed. It somewhat has got this "demilich meets demigod" approach to the riffage that I find intriguing.

Torchure and Brutality are also deserving of mention in this thread... was listening to the second albums of both in the car yesterday.

Indeed. It somewhat has got this "demilich meets demigod" approach to the riffage that I find intriguing.

Torchure and Brutality are also deserving of mention in this thread... was listening to the second albums of both in the car yesterday.

Torchure fucking rules!

'As The Gods Succumbed' is probably one of the greatest death metal songs. It's really a shame both guitarists and pretty much the entire band left after Psychostasia.

Torchure are great indeed with two high-quality albums under their belt.Beyond the Veil is a masterpiece. If it weren't for the bad production on The Essence I probably would've loved it as much as BtV