Death metal: Old or new?

Hey, I was just getting rid of my "bad post". Don't want people thinking I'm doing it only to up my post count.

Life Sucks said:
SoP own. I like many bands that play that style of death metal. When I say I don't like modern dm, I mean bands like Severed Savior, Decrepit Birth, Vile, etc. Some good modern dm bands I like include Spawn of Possession, Psycroptic, Anata, Drawn and Quartered, Mortal Decay, Natron, Illogicist, Crimson Massacre, Coram Lethe..... But I still think that the best old school bands are better.

:(

Old school Finnish dm has one of the coolest sounds of any style. It is weird and original without resorting to awkward riffing that doesn't flow. Exaples include:

Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Adramelech - Psychostasia
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Demilich - Nesphite
Funebre - Children of the Scorn

Old school Finnish death metal alone makes a case for old school dm in general, without mentioning all the other great European and American dm bands of the "first wave" of dm.

That's how it's misspelled on the Necropolis version, but you already knew that and this post is pointless.

Life Sucks said:
Old school Finnish dm has one of the coolest sounds of any style. It is weird and original without resorting to awkward riffing that doesn't flow. Exaples include:

Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Adramelech - Psychostasia
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Demilich - Nesphite
Funebre - Children of the Scorn

Old school Finnish death metal alone makes a case for old school dm in general, without mentioning all the other great European and American dm bands of the "first wave" of dm.

Cartilage - The Fragile Concept of Affection is easily among the best of Finnish DM, and rightfully earns a spot next to Demigod and Demilich.

Malignance said:
Cartilage - The Fragile Concept of Affection is easily among the best of Finnish DM, and rightfully earns a spot next to Demigod and Demilich.

It's brilliant, but Demigod and Demilich are brillianter.

I'm all burnt out on Nespithe. Used to think it was great, but now, it's become tiresome and annoying. I think Torchure have done a great job in outdemigoding even the awesome Finns. Funebre are decent but Children of the Scorn flows rather awkwardly. I haven't heard Adramelech and Cartilage yet.