Old school death metal

Oh, he said "pretty safe to assume". Nevermind then. Yea,I agree, it's really great album, but not the greatest. When it comes to top preferences, you'll find that a lot people will have their own,since there is much to choose from.

Haven't heard it yet, I've given up downloading, mostly due to laziness, so I rarely hear anything I don't own (I make swizzlenuts send me shit sometimes), and I haven't had much luck tracking it down yet.

Isn't Shadows in the Deep readily available as a split with Across the Open Sea? Or were you talking about Morpheus?

Don't get me wrong. I do like the band. I just find them a little bit over-rated and a lot of their songs are a bit samey sounding. However, Devoured Death is one kick ass song!

Incantation are a good band - but aside from Onward to Golgotha I do find that they get fairly boring.

Just got done listening to Incubus's God Died on His Knees demo. Fairly good thrashy death metal.

^ Haven't heard that, I may need to check it out

Purtenance - Member of Immortal Damnation has been my latest favorite. It's a perfect blend of Doom and Death metal. Great depressive emotions shown. Perfect for the rainy day outside.

Just now listening to the compilation of nihilist demos, it's cool to see how they went from a pure thrash band in their premature autopsy demo, to full on OSDM in their later demos and first entombed demo. I also love the production, grimy and dark!