Old school death metal

Sorcery are pretty solid :headbang: .

I can't get enough of Molested lately. I prefer BD to Stormvold but both are pretty fucking excellent. Is there any chance that these will be re-issued in the near future?

Is there any chance that these will be re-issued in the near future?
Doubtful.Molested is obscure as hell.

Supuration's The Cube is really great spacey/psychedelic prog/death ala later era Pestilence(Testimony of the Ancients)but with frequent clean vocals and even better musicianship
Recommended.

Doubtful.Molested is obscure as hell.

Supuration's The Cube is really great spacey/psychedelic prog/death ala later era Pestilence(Testimony of the Ancients)but with frequent clean vocals and even better musicianship
Recommended.

Hell yeah, The Cube is good stuff, though it's very weird and definitely not for all tastes. I need to look into their sophomore album.

Hell yeah, The Cube is good stuff, though it's very weird and definitely not for all tastes. I need to look into their sophomore album.
yea, it's quite experimental and those distorted clean vocals are an acquired taste, I guess. The sound could definitely be better as well. But overall, it's quite an intriguing album.

What do you guys think of Sinister's Cross the Styx? Its only my second time through and I am really enjoying it. A relentless riff-fest and the production is surprisingly clear without being wimpy.

I'm a big fan of early Sinister. Cross the Styx is probably their strongest, with Diabolical Summoning just slightly behind. Hate isn't bad either. They're one of the only Death Metal bands with a substantial amount of blast-beats that I can tolerate.

What do you guys think of Sinister's Cross the Styx? Its only my second time through and I am really enjoying it. A relentless riff-fest and the production is surprisingly clear without being wimpy.

Cross the Styx is great and I'm surprised it grew onto me, because for a while I thought it was really fucking bland, however it's actually incredibly hard-hitting and the songs are concise and to the point. Although the album on the whole could have merited from less blasting and more variation. Bulldozer death metal but it's quite effective.
Epoch of Denial and Doomed are classic tracks:kickass:

Cross the Styx is great and I'm surprised it grew onto me, because for a while I thought it was really fucking bland, however it's actually incredibly hard-hitting and the songs are concise and to the point. Although the album on the whole could have merited from less blasting and more variation. Bulldozer death metal but it's quite effective.

Yeah I thought it was a bit unvaried at first as well but when you really pay attention the riff-work is quite intricate and interesting.

Edit: I am just listening to The Cube for the first time. It is quite catchy and an interesting listen to be sure. Very different for the time it was released too I assume.

Cross The Styx should be arriving in my mailbox any day now.

Morpheus - Son Of Hypnos
Tiamat - Sumerian Cry
Liers In Wait - Spiritually Uncontrolled Art
Divine Eve - As The Angels Weep
Fester - Winter Of Sin

Rule. I mention these because they're the last ones I've listened to. I figured it's time this thread has been bumped.

Morpheus - Son Of Hypnos
Tiamat - Sumerian Cry
Liers In Wait - Spiritually Uncontrolled Art
Divine Eve - As The Angels Weep
Fester - Winter Of Sin

Rule. I mention these because they're the last ones I've listened to. I figured it's time this thread has been bumped.

:kickass:

Have you heard In the Arms of... by Morpheus? It boasts quite a different style to the full-length; much slower with disgusting deep vocals and thicker, rawer production. It has an earlier version of the song 'The Third Reich 3797 A.C' which is stretched out to 8 minutes. Awesome stuff.

So, I listened to Shadows in the Deep last night and the opening riff to 'Bloodbath' is one of the heaviest fucking things ever.

Haven't heard it yet, I've given up downloading, mostly due to laziness, so I rarely hear anything I don't own (I make swizzlenuts send me shit sometimes), and I haven't had much luck tracking it down yet.

I'd appreciate it. By the way, I finally got around to playing that Kyprian's Circle track. I definitely need to keep an eye out for this band's material.

Those albums are great Nec. I have yet to hear Divine Eve, however. How are they?

Also, do you guys like Abramelin at all? I am specifically referring to their first self-titled full-length.

I like what I've heard from Abramelin, but nothing essential from what I recall.

Divine Eve is extremely heavy, very Celtic Frost influenced Death Metal. They only released one EP, but there was very recently a posthumous compilation released that I plan to get soon. The band evolved into Crimson Relic and released a full-length album, which I understand is also superb.