New bands doing old school thrash?

abrasiverock

Mark Carras
Sep 29, 2001
Olympia, WA
www.rockmymonkey.com
If only talking about bands that have been together less than 5 years, who do you think pulls off the true old school thrash sound the best?

Please note:We are talking about old school thrash, not death-thrash, swedish-thrash, blackend-thrash, or anyother.

Since you've eliminated almost all forms of thrash that actually exist today...I'd have to say Iced Earth, since Schaeffer has now recycled every single Hetfield or Mustaine riff ever written.

There's not too much that I'm into... I'll give it a shot....

Arch Enemy
Control Denied

Uh... that's all I can think of that is new. :lol:

Kreator & Destruction (old-school, but both of their new albums are great)

Originally posted by xenophobe
There's not too much that I'm into... I'll give it a shot....

Arch Enemy
Control Denied

Uh... that's all I can think of that is new. :lol:

Kreator & Destruction (old-school, but both of their new albums are great)

Neither Arch Enemy or Control Denied is thrash btw.

But that's why I specifically mentioned that the original poster took away virtually EVERY type of thrash there was...there is NO pure thrash out there anymore.

forgot to mention Dreams of Damnation.

Control Denied and Arch Enemy are about as close as you're going to get, IMO.

Originally posted by xenophobe
forgot to mention Dreams of Damnation.

Control Denied and Arch Enemy are about as close as you're going to get, IMO.

You should check out Susperia if you haven't already. Yes they feature members of Dimmu Borgir, Old Man's Child and (I think) Satyricon, but they've shed their black metal roots to make an album that is BARELY death/black and almost entirely thrash-influenced. Real good stuff.

@phyre: OK Aura Noir is 80% thrash and 20% black :D
Btw another Norwegian band with Aura Noir, Beyond Dawn members is playing old school thrash...........
INFERNO!!!!!!!!
And also The Crown - Deathrace king is something like Aura Noir but instead of 20% black, it's 20% death........ :)