Best Screamer

Leaving aside the fact that the three bands sound pretty much nothing alike, Craig Pillard was far and away the best vocalist of his generation of death metal: there's a reason that pretty much everyone since the early 90s has ganked his style.

I'm not a fan of low inhuman growling. Deteriorot and immolation's vocals both are much more audible and add a lot more to the music IMO

and how are they nothing alike when they all play that slow, crushing style of new york death metal?

I prefer Will Rahmer over him and Immolation's vocals.
Glen Benton and Chris Barnes for traditional lows, Dallas Toler Wade is really good too, George Fisher's been growing on me.
David Vincent for Mid Growls(is that right, or is he low?)
Will Rahmer, Karl Sanders, and Chris Barnes again for super lows.
I like Frank Mullen's super lows on Effigy better than the traditional lows on Pierced, I think they're good there just badly overrated, I can name a few better growlers.
Satyr for rasps, Varg Vikernes and Maniac for screams, Ihsahn for whatever the hell he does on Anthems, IX, and Prometheus(a croak maybe), and also the high growl/scream on Nightside.
Isn't Silencer's vocals like that of Maniac?

good damn liste man. i agree with you

I prefer Will Rahmer over him and Immolation's vocals.
Glen Benton and Chris Barnes for traditional lows, Dallas Toler Wade is really good too, George Fisher's been growing on me.
David Vincent for Mid Growls(is that right, or is he low?)
Will Rahmer, Karl Sanders, and Chris Barnes again for super lows.
I like Frank Mullen's super lows on Effigy better than the traditional lows on Pierced, I think they're good there just badly overrated, I can name a few better growlers.
Satyr for rasps, Varg Vikernes and Maniac for screams, Ihsahn for whatever the hell he does on Anthems, IX, and Prometheus(a croak maybe), and also the high growl/scream on Nightside.
Isn't Silencer's vocals like that of Maniac?

I am not a big fan of Studio effects on growls so that has always put me off of Benton, however there is a song he guested on called Annihilation by the hands of god which is solid Death Metal minus the tricks. Barnes is the stereotypical death metal vocalist and that is what has always put me off him. Karl Sanders of Nile on the other hand has a bloody powerful and respectable death growl.

I dont really think Mullen is over-rated, I believe his real strength comes from the fact he does what he does so easily. He is a very good frontman and gives energetic performances while maintaining some sick, low growls. Suffocation's self titled album is my favourite for his vocals because the production is excellent, you can perfectly hear everything he is saying and it is disturbing, it ads to the musics impact.

Maniac shits all over Attila

Nargaeh'nroth from Unquintessence, he destroys his voice but his screams always gives me the chills.

I am not a big fan of Studio effects on growls so that has always put me off of Benton, however there is a song he guested on called Annihilation by the hands of god which is solid Death Metal minus the tricks. Barnes is the stereotypical death metal vocalist and that is what has always put me off him. Karl Sanders of Nile on the other hand has a bloody powerful and respectable death growl.

I dont really think Mullen is over-rated, I believe his real strength comes from the fact he does what he does so easily. He is a very good frontman and gives energetic performances while maintaining some sick, low growls. Suffocation's self titled album is my favourite for his vocals because the production is excellent, you can perfectly hear everything he is saying and it is disturbing, it ads to the musics impact.

Maniac shits all over Attila
I heard Annihilation at The Hands of God on XM a couple days ago, it was good. I've never seen a video of Suffocation live or seen them live. And yes Maniac does, and so does every other black metal vocalist as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not a fan of low inhuman growling. Deteriorot and immolation's vocals both are much more audible and add a lot more to the music IMO

and how are they nothing alike when they all play that slow, crushing style of new york death metal?

I'm less familiar with Deteriorot, but Immolation's style emphasizes rhythmic impact, technical interplay and shifting riff texture in high velocity death metal. Incantation's style in the creative years always emphasized the doomier end of death metal, as well as a sort of hallucenogenic nightmarescape atmosphere. They were at totally different ends of the death metal spectrum.

Although the stuff is near impossible to find, you should check him out in his previous band Discarnated. It was full on death metal. They have a demo and a CD that I know of (and have), and have one or two tracks on a compilation.

I would love to if I can find it, I am eagerly holding out for Requiem - Fortissimo. Which is going to be full on MDB Doom/Death with classic sensibilities woven into it. Glad to find someone else on here that likes his work.