Best sequels

manuelgv

Back now...hopefully
Mar 19, 2002
Mexico city
Ok,type here which do you consider to be the best movie sequels in the history so I can make a poll and we can all choose a winner.
My vote goes to Aliens.

No, Terminator 2, definitely!!!! the best sequel ever made, the exception to the rule of sequels sucking

edit: oh and how could i forget- Evil Dead 2!!!

Godfather Part II, Rocky II, Indiana Jones and the last crusade, Goldfinger, From Russia with Love, Austin Powers the Spy who shagged me, EMpire Strikes Back, LEthal Weapon II, Die Hard III. Well Ive noticed the ones i think of are all successful movies, that were all entertaining, but nothing more.

I loved T2 and the last Terminator.

Horrible Sequels: The Star Wars Prequels- beyond awful, Matrix a little better than star wars, but still awful. I actually liked the first lord of the rings more than the later two, I really didnt care much for the last two.

The Two Towers and Return of the King are NOT sequels. Lord of the Rings is just one big movie.

Favorite Sequels: T2, Temple of Doom, Naked Gun 2 1/2, X2: X-Men United... damn thats all i can come up with off the top of my head right now

Violet Baudelaire said:
No, Terminator 2, definitely!!!! the best sequel ever made, the exception to the rule of sequels sucking

Yes. Two other sequels that are better than the originals include "The Road Warrior" and "Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan". Also, of the Trek movies that feature the 'Next Generation' cast, "ST: First Contact" (VIII) was a better movie than "ST: Generations" (VII).

And now, the WORST sequels ever (I think) are:

"Smokey & the Bandit part II" (and III)
"Cannonball Run II"
"Men In Black II"
"Charlies Angels - Full Throttle"
"Caddyshack II"
"Star Trek V - The Final Frontier"
"Meatballs Part II" (and III & IV)
"Battle For The Planet of the Apes" (final movie in the series)

the only sequel i thought was better than the original was Next Friday

although return of the living dead II is good
now all they need is a half baked II

return of the living dead good?
I just saw that one and it was fucking horrible...
unless there's a part 2 of that one

Best sequels:

Terminator 2
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
The Godfather II
Rush Hour 2
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

manuelgv said:
return of the living dead good?
I just saw that one and it was fucking horrible...
unless there's a part 2 of that one

im pretty sure theres three return of the living dead movies

i wonder if im the only one here who liked the first terminator better than the second

The one I saw is the one where they are in a graveyard and they throw a nuke to the whole city in the end.
It was pretty bad.

Godfather II, possibly better than part 1.
Terminator II, III, absolutelly better than the first
Lord of the Rings (both), I'm not sure these are classified as actual sequals, but...
Star Wards Episode V,VI VI would have been tons better without those damn teddybears (fastforward).
Shanghai knights, I love both movies
Aliens Obvious
Startrek (several), Startrek I doesn't rate first or second among the Startrek movies, so here we have several ones.
Lethal Weapon I like the whole series, and Lethal Weapon I is not the best in my opinion.
Austin Powers - The Spy who Shagged me, The best one IMO

Terminator 2 and The Godfather Part 2.