Best settings 6505+

insane666

New Metal Member
Sep 13, 2006
Best settings for 6505+ only.
AND...
best settings for 6505 plus + tube screamer or DOD malmsteen overdrive preamp + MXR dynacomp (this if is necessary ) and Tc electronic gforce.
Please help me its very important.its for metal and shred.

if you do a search you'll find a heap of settings from the guys, I suggest you try them out, record them and then tweak to find your OWN sound, it could take a month or years but nothing better than having your individual tone

I just got mine today, but have experience with 5150s in the past. In this case, the 6505+ tends to be bright. I've found that dialing back the treble to about 3, and the presence around 4 makes it real nice. Has less of that 5150 sizzle. When turned up, you might want to put the presence a bit higher to taste. also, be careful with the gain!! On 6 it's plenty for me, especially when cranked. Hoped this helps.

-Joe

everything at 2 o clock sounds amazing to me on the green channel... excpet the volume....
thatd kill you
wait...
that is about 666...
lol

I must be crazy. To me, my 6505+ through my Mesa cab is so mid heavy, I run my mids at 2-3. Anything more than that and it's waaay too honky, imo. I run my treble at halfway and my presence at about 6. But man, those mids are crazy. It may work in a 2 guitar band or if you play a lot of leads. But for rhythm, it seems to consume the mix if the mids are too high.

I got an old fiddy one fiddy. The eq low to high is 755, with resonance on 4 and presence on 7. I mainly use the rhythm channel with crunch and bright engaged, and the gain on 6. It's pretty fat. Occasionally boosted with an MXR ZW overdrive.

ok guys , i wil tried...thanks at all.i will buy a TUbescreamer, but i will try with my DOD 308 before.
thanks for your responds.