Best solos ever

I guess I should post the video too of Al Di Meola since that seems to be the easier way to access it. Lots of great solos in this thread so far! Been trying to listen to all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the intro of Close to the edge. I'm not linking it though because everybody should know it. ;)

A metal solo I really like is Andy LaRocque's solo on ATG's Cold.
1:50
it's pretty short, but excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Fredrik Nordstrom, the producer. And yeah, that's easily the best solo on the whole album. So skillfully played, yet so tasteful.

I don't think it's him; I've read he's called Fredrik Johansson, but not Dark Tranquillity's Fredrik Johansson. Couldn't find any info about the guy.

I don't think it's him; I've read he's called Fredrik Johansson, but not Dark Tranquillity's Fredrik Johansson. Couldn't find any info about the guy.

Well, I have the actual album, but for some reason didn't look in the booklet to check, just went on Wikipedia. How lazy of me, I know. :D

I'll check in the booklet when I get home.

EDIT: Okay, I just checked it, and you're right, it's a guy named Fredrik Johansson. I did a quick Google search, and a few places are saying it's Dark Tranquility's guy. I really don't know what to say.