Bonus stuff on Cds

Most bonus stuff on cd's is shit and pointless. But once in a while a good track gets put on.

I don't normally listen to the bonus tracks, but it's nice to know they're there in case I want to. Can't really argue with more music, and I figure if for whatever reason I absolutely HAD to have the extraneous tracks, it's better to have them bundled with a reasonably-priced CD than having to track them down for too much $$$ on ebay or something.

I'm kind of fond of the extra live/unreleased songs they put on the Judas Priest remasters (though probably not enough to replace the older copies I have of some of those albums).

the good
running wild bonuses-mostly good
atheist-fucking awesome
b dick chemical wedding-hell, return of the king is my favorite song on the cd!
dummy burger-DCA-i dig the covers more than the album

the bad
opeth bonuses- meh
judas priest-over 10 cds and hardly anything good

the ugly
deluxe nuclear blast cds are the worst
screensavor, annoying popup when you put the cd in the pc, pictures, and usually 1 crappy song

Carcassian said:
Best ever extra, i.m.o. has to be the bonus live album with the deluxe version of Bolt Thrower - ...For Victory, however. Excellent stuf.

:cry: I got that CD not too long ago, but no bonus stuff!!! Ripped off!

The bonus stuff I have gotten with Cd's I have liked because they give you more interest into the band such as DVD's with concerts on them. That's all they really are these days though.

I don't see what people have against bonus tracks... as some wise man above said, you can always just stop it before theyplay the extra tracks. Or you could rip the original songs to a cd minus the bonus tracks... it's not that hard. Plus free shit = sweet:)