maiden's best of the THE

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Maiden has 30 songs that start with the word "The". You could make a tasty 80 minute cd out of that lot somewhere! Pick your top 10.

"The Aftermath" The X Factor 1995 Blaze Bayley, Janick Gers, Steve Harris
"The Alchemist" The Final Frontier 2010 Janick Gers, Steve Harris, Bruce Dickinson
"The Angel and the Gambler" Virtual XI 1998 Steve Harris
"The Apparition" Fear of the Dark 1992 Steve Harris, Janick Gers
"The Assassin" No Prayer for the Dying 1990 Steve Harris
"The Clairvoyant" Seventh Son of a Seventh Son 1988 Steve Harris
"The Clansman" Virtual XI 1998 Steve Harris
"The Duellists" Powerslave 1984 Steve Harris
"The Edge of Darkness" The X Factor 1995 Blaze Bayley, Janick Gers, Steve Harris
"The Educated Fool" Virtual XI 1998 Steve Harris
"The Evil That Men Do" Seventh Son of a Seventh Son 1988 Bruce Dickinson, Adrian Smith, Steve Harris
"The Fallen Angel" Brave New World 2000 Adrian Smith, Steve Harris
"The Fugitive" Fear of the Dark 1992 Steve Harris
"The Ides of March" Killers 1981 Steve Harris
"The Legacy" A Matter of Life and Death 2006 Steve Harris, Janick Gers
"The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" Somewhere in Time 1986 Steve Harris
"The Longest Day" A Matter of Life and Death 2006 Bruce Dickinson, Adrian Smith, Steve Harris
"The Man Who Would Be King" The Final Frontier 2010 Dave Murray, Steve Harris
"The Mercenary" Brave New World 2000 Janick Gers, Steve Harris
"The Nomad" Brave New World 2000 Dave Murray, Steve Harris
"The Number of the Beast" The Number of the Beast 1982 Steve Harris
"The Pilgrim" A Matter of Life and Death 2006 Steve Harris, Janick Gers
"The Prisoner" The Number of the Beast 1982 Adrian Smith, Steve Harris
"The Prophecy" Seventh Son of a Seventh Son 1988 Dave Murray, Steve Harris
"The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" A Matter of Life and Death 2006 Steve Harris, Dave Murray
"The Talisman" The Final Frontier 2010 Janick Gers, Steve Harris
"The Thin Line Between Love & Hate" Brave New World 2000 Dave Murray, Steve Harris
"The Trooper" Piece of Mind 1983 Steve Harris
"The Unbeliever" The X Factor 1995 Janick Gers, Steve Harris
"The Wicker Man" Brave New World 2000 Bruce Dickinson, Adrian Smith, Steve Harris

Now this is just getting silly...... o_O

Next up...... Best of Maiden's songs with more than three syllables!

Best of Maiden's songs with a double vowel!

Best of Maiden's songs with a food in the title!

Best of Maiden's songs where you can re-arrange the letters to form the name of a former NFL kicker!

Ok, not actual song selections, but when Iron Maiden wants to make some more cash by licensing their IP to Marvel Comics, here are the 12 characters that Marvel can create and band together in a loose coalition to make up "Eddie's Justice League":

"The Alchemist"
"The Apparition"
"The Assassin"
"The Clairvoyant"
"The Clansman"
"The Fugitive"
"The Mercenary"
"The Nomad"
"The Pilgrim"
"The Prisoner"
"The Trooper"
"The Unbeliever"

That shit pretty much draws and writes itself from there!

Neil

Don't be a bunch of party poopers!!!
It's Maiden afterall........

Here would be my top 9:
(I know you asked for 10, but I simply went through them and grabbed the ones which I REALLY dig...pick whatever you want from the rest for #10 if you plan on doing a final tally, which means you DO have too much time on your hands!)

"The Clairvoyant" Seventh Son of a Seventh Son 1988 Steve Harris

"The Clansman" Virtual XI 1998 Steve Harris

"The Evil That Men Do" Seventh Son of a Seventh Son 1988 Bruce Dickinson, Adrian Smith, Steve Harris

"The Longest Day" A Matter of Life and Death 2006 Bruce Dickinson, Adrian Smith, Steve Harris

"The Number of the Beast" The Number of the Beast 1982 Steve Harris

"The Prisoner" The Number of the Beast 1982 Adrian Smith, Steve Harris

"The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" A Matter of Life and Death 2006 Steve Harris, Dave Murray

"The Trooper" Piece of Mind 1983 Steve Harris

"The Wicker Man" Brave New World 2000 Bruce Dickinson, Adrian Smith, Steve Harris

Now this is just getting silly...... o_O

Next up...... Best of Maiden's songs with more than three syllables!

Best of Maiden's songs with a double vowel!

Best of Maiden's songs with a food in the title!

Best of Maiden's songs where you can re-arrange the letters to form the name of a former NFL kicker!

How about MAIDEN SONGS WITH ESPANOL IN THE TITLE :loco:

Why do people think you've got too much time on your hands all the time? It took me literally seconds to post this. Quick copy paste of the songs from wiki and the question is asked. The post itself maybe stupid but it was tongue in cheek and since Maiden is the flavour of the month at the moment I thought I would wind a few people up. Seems it worked! Anyway it takes me far longer trawling round for new bands, now for that you do need time on your hands and I must admit apart from when I'm at work I can look for metal on the net and have the odd crafty wank or two!

Ok, not actual song selections, but when Iron Maiden wants to make some more cash by licensing their IP to Marvel Comics, here are the 12 characters that Marvel can create and band together in a loose coalition to make up "Eddie's Justice League":

"The Alchemist"

Well, heck, here's a tie-in to The Venture Bros. right there. A third of the Order of the Triad, no less. :)