Votes: 12 23.1%
  • 9. Demon of the fall

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kamel

Trollhunter
Mar 27, 2009
well.. it's time for a fresh poll, don't you think?

this time, evaluating live performance.

Really tough, but I voted for TNATSW, I love the way its done live, I hate the production on Morningrise and it sounds so much better in a live setting. Runner ups were Face of Melinda, the end sounds so massive live compared to the original recording. When; of course, one of my favorite Opeth songs, done so well in the DVD. And Blackwater Park, never seen it live, and it looks like it would be incredible to see from watching the DVD.

woah...I didn't expect it, but i was pretty confident the majority thought as me.

Really tough, but I voted for TNATSW, I love the way its done live, I hate the production on Morningrise and it sounds so much better in a live setting. Runner ups were Face of Melinda, the end sounds so massive live compared to the original recording. When; of course, one of my favorite Opeth songs, done so well in the DVD. And Blackwater Park, never seen it live, and it looks like it would be incredible to see from watching the DVD.

Absolutely. The Roundhouse version blows the Morningrise version out of the silent water. Morningrise sounds too thin. Roundhouse has the OOMPH!

I love cranking it really loud when I'm driving by myself.

I'm going with 'The Night And The Silent Water' even if it is just for when the growled vocals of the title at the end. So much better than the whispers on Morningrise, seems to get the emotion more across for me.

voted bleak. no weak steve clean vox, disted solo and overall great performance. only downside with the live version is that the intro isnt quite as mesmerizing as the in the studio (another great example on that many opeth riffs etc should be repeated even more rather than the oposite! :p).

Voted Ghost Of Perdition, because The Moor and To Bid You Farewell aren't there :p TBYF was the first Opeth song I heard so it'll always be one of my favourites.

Kudos to this poll :kickass:

It's tough between Night and Silent Water and Blackwater Park, but I decided on Blackwater Park.

My top from best to worst:

1. Blackwater Park
2. The Night And The Silent Water
3. When
4. Bleak
5. Ghost Of Perdition
6. Face Of Melinda
7. Demon Of The Fall
8. Under The Weeping Moon
9. Windowpane

The only thing I don't like about 'Blackwater Park' is that thing at the end goes on...forever. It is mildly entertaining the first time but now I just skip it.

Performance wise they're perfect on like half those songs, so you kinda have to pick TNATSW for being more of an improvement after looking at studio versions. If you disregard studio versions, there's really no mistakes in most of them that would allow you to judge one's performance above the other's.