Best Testament Ballad

Brent

True Believer
Jan 13, 2003
Chicago IL
I think Testament does ballads better than any metal band out there. I love all there ballads, they all have such a touching feeling. I like " The Ballad", but they eventually went on and did better ones. " Return to Serenity" is great , and is a more positive one. I love the melodies in " Trail of Tears" as well, but I think I'm gonna have to go with " The Legacy". It gets so heavy at the end without losing the serious and touching feeling of the song.

I LOVE Hypnosis!!!! I love Musical Death even more tho:)

As for the ballads.....
I'd go with Return to Serenity, it strikes a couple chords with me. I haven't listened to ballads hardly at all lately. It's getting really hard to now...

Trail of Tears, although I haven't heard the original of Return to Serenity. "Tears" is just such a well-constructed song, and every time I hear the chorus, I get completely caught up and start singing along. Chuck puts so much emotion and power into that, and the lead guitar work is killer. "Legacy" is really awesome too, and "The Ballad" is solid...I can't really make any judgments on "Serenity."

I've only heard Return To Serenity, and I think it is great:D I love a good metal ballad and that is one. I will here the others soon. I just got The New Order, and I think Hypnosis and Musical Death are great instrumentals from a great band:headbang:

I think these words say it all.....most profoundly!!!!!!!!! When I heard it, it touched me deeply..........No, one, abSOULutely no one could ever write something so spiritual and so true.......these lyrics really make you think......and they helped me get through my fathers death because I know my freedom will follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full moon´s rising from the sky, a warrior´s riding
Ride with the wind
So far away, the spirits will guide you
No more sorrow
Don´t look back
your freedom will follow
Flying so free
Can´t you see... on the trail of tears